Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Law... You Car Can Be Taken Away.

tony4

lol the yaris used to get me in trouble a bit, ended up on first name terms with the local feds

nice chaps to be honest and started looking after me once we were cool!

Hehehe... not that bad then...

It's section 59 Seizure.  It's £105 to release then £12 every 24hours

It's contracted out to a private firm that is 20 mile's from Scarborough so it's £112 per day round here <_<

Brother-in-law got nabbed for this but didn't get paid until 2 day's afterward's and didn't think to ask for a loan for a day, silly boy.

I'm glad the coppers here know me. They don't pull me over anymore. Used to pull me over all the time when I moved here. Now they just leave me be... :)

Another thing about being known by the police ( in a good way ) is that if they see your car and someone else is driving it, they are more likely to stop it. Handy if it's been stolen.

thats not too bad. i think we people generally dont cause a nuisance with our cars as much as boy racers, chavs and max flower crews. im all for it. there's nothing worse than hearing a loud @ss exhaust and seeing some pile of sh1tttt drive past.

it could be worse like they have in some places in the states. saw this documentary where cops were stopping civics at a street cruise/ drag and checking cars for mods as it's not allowed to mod em. they also had the power to stop local gatherings of cars in car parks.

it could be worse like they have in some places in the states. saw this documentary where cops were stopping civics at a street cruise/ drag and checking cars for mods as it's not allowed to mod em.

:eek::eek::eek:

Hang on, I thought America is custom car country of the world!

Just look at their muscle cars and 'Hot Rods'.

it could be worse like they have in some places in the states. saw this documentary where cops were stopping civics at a street cruise/ drag and checking cars for mods as it's not allowed to mod em.

:eek::eek::eek:

Hang on, I thought America is custom car country of the world!

Just look at their muscle cars and 'Hot Rods'.

i said "some places"

i think it is predominantly in the inner cities where street racing and cruises are big and there's a huge risk to the public.

muscle cars and hotrods are mostly used as show cars as opposed to street racing anyhow.

my cousin got warned for this last weekend..

he was parked at a local Restaurant but having a seriously modded Clio he got hit anyway...

heres what i found....

Section 59 of the Police Reform Act relates to the use of any mechanically propelled vehicle that is being used in a manner which causes alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public or, is being driven in a careless or inconsiderate way. Constables, in uniform, will have specifically defined powers which allow them to seize and remove any vehicle that is being driven in such a manner and, to enter premises (not dwellings) for the purpose of seizure.

Where possible, Constables should give the person committing an offence a warning about their manner of driving before considering seizure

J

my cousin got warned for this last weekend..

he was parked at a local Restaurant but having a seriously modded Clio he got hit anyway...

heres what i found....

Section 59 of the Police Reform Act relates to the use of any mechanically propelled vehicle that is being used in a manner which causes alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public or, is being driven in a careless or inconsiderate way. Constables, in uniform, will have specifically defined powers which allow them to seize and remove any vehicle that is being driven in such a manner and, to enter premises (not dwellings) for the purpose of seizure.

Where possible, Constables should give the person committing an offence a warning about their manner of driving before considering seizure

J

so parking in a car park whilst at a restaurant is using a vehicle in a manner which causes alarm? Not really fair is it?

i got one becaue my wheel spun for about 3/4 of a second... it was greasey, and i was pulling out of a blind junction (not something you want to be too steady at) and the ****** jumped out infront of me breathlised me and gave me the warning.......... they here a loud exhaust, see a modified car and thats it... they'll use any excuse to stop you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links