Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bought A New Car.. Bargain Or Not?

wlsmith

Hi there peeps, know you havent heard from me for a while however, just bought a new car and thought i would share with you...

Its a Honda Civic LSi Auto 1993 K Reg, i picked this up for £850, it only has two problems with it.. it needs a new bonnet catch as the current one isnt strong enough to pull down the bonnet the whole way but it does shut and is safe to drive in this state, also the horn doesnt work... but anyway here are some pictures.. tell me all what you think..

Image061.jpg

Image062.jpg

They are not bad little cars. You will find it a little sluggish with the auto box, but should be as reliable as any Toyota as long as it's serviced properly.

I was going to get one in place of the corolla, but couldn't find the one I wanted for the money I had. the 1.6 LSi Manual was apparently the one to go for.

They react quite nicely to stage 1 mods - but don't kow what's available on the auto versions. There's a lot of styling options for them too.

I think £850 was right for the car - not a penny more :yes: Especially as it's not road legal.

I have the manual version. Mine is a 94, paid £950 for it about this time last year. Its been totally reliable so far (touching wood now).

Pretty boring inside but it goes OK. Its strange when you look at the engine though, for some reason Honda put the engine in the opposite way round to other manufacturers, gearbox is on the drivers side.

personally i think its worth 500 quid.

take a look on auto trader and see what you can get for 850

sorry.. just my opinion

sorry mate, not really too keen on that price. you could of gone for the EG6. but as long as you like it, that what that counts!! :thumbsup:

yeah sera... had a merc.. still got it infact.. this car is sorta going to be a project car, :) to fulfil my spare time

also just to note.. got the bonnet sorted my mate did it, just needed a bit of a tweak with a screwdriver now it shuts properly :)

Thats more then I payed for my first supra... was a 1990, auto climate/aircon 3.0 N/a, FSH

Horses for courses I guess!!!

Mine lasted more then a week though ;)

I was looking at a civic not too long ago, only 27k mile on clock, 93 reg too. Real mint little car, guy was only selling for £350 :D

you wouldnt get a mint one with 27k on the clock for £350 rach, there must have been something terribly wrong with it he wasnt telling you!

Nope, there wasnt. Had it checked over, Im not stupid :rolleyes:

He just didnt know the true value of the car

They must be worth less on your side of the pond.

Here, where there is usually a bunch of snow, and consequently a bunch of road salt everywhere (I think I can actually hear the salt eating away at my Maxima as I write this.) a clean rust-free Civic commands a premium. Especially 90s models with the double wishobones and VTEC engines.

On an unrelated note, I was going to get the Maxima washed to get the salt off of it today, but injector #3 died on me and now its not moving anywhere :(

are these cars THAT cheap over there in the UK??????

insane. here in sweden it would go for a hell of alot more!

I was gonna get a Civic if I couldnt get insured on my MR2 a few years back.. I like the coupe more tho.. nice ubik to put a spoiler on.

i like lot models of toyota , but i love too honda...

for a french guy it's too for this car , i think 600 L it's a good price

don't forget it's a good car too.

@lord ed: 500L for a supra ...:) great deal