Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cancled The Sound System I Ordered

mrrandom

went into the city and bought a new sound system, head unit etc. please let me no if i got ripped off and im quite happy with it :-D

Sub = Clarion SRM2591

6x9's = Clarion SRR6935

Amp = Clarion APA4204

Head Unit = Sony CDX-S2200

Yaris ISO Adapter

completel wiring kit

£470 (roughly)

SRM2591.jpg

SRR6935.jpg

apa4204.jpg

cdxs2200.jpg

any good? gonna wire sub and 6x9's into parcel shelf, gonna make a stealth shelf for it.

right u bought something before for roughly £250 for package and cd player and said thats all you could afford, yet you just splashed out £450 for all that???? :huh:

lol yeah, overdraft. :-/ oh well. will be getin the momey from this accident claim in soon enough so will be okay :-D dat system n e gud?

its ok, entry level stuff, Clarion is the sister company of Alpine so its got some cred

never rated Sony ICE though, they do wonderous home hi-fi kit but have a sever downfall on car audio

just my tuppence

lol yeah, overdraft. :-/ oh well. will be getin the momey from this accident claim in soon enough so will be okay :-D dat system n e gud?

Dont count your chickens!

Took me 6 months before I saw a penny!

naw received word y'day dat the other guy has been prosicuted for driving with undue care and awareness so it should be brought thru soon

system is ok! could have got something similar to mine for similar price, although i bought all seperately!

i got:

6 by 9s - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2194

sub - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+1412

amp (sold) - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2608

cd player - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+3228

professionally installed using a £65 amp wiring kit.

all packs a punch and the 6 by 9s are sweet. i sold the amp because i had another sony xplod sub, but i sold it, and got another amp, so in future i have choice of installing two subs as theres a free channel, current amp - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2318 - it has a decibel ticker scale on it :D

hoping to sell the current sony xplod sub and get this vibe one with the same rms, but 100w more on the max side. Plus vibes are better than sony - http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id+2391

what youve bought will provide you with what you want ;)

but dont expect good bass by putting sub in your shelf! subs like yours is better in a sealed enclosure.

i bought my stuff individually, got all of it in a sale, the amp was like 200 , 6x9's where like 80. head unit 145, sub was like 110 wiring kit and adapter was lik 45. so i got roughly a 580 quid system for 470

sub - £45

6 by 9 - £85

head unit - £160 (when i bought it)

new amp - £160

amp kit - £65

adaptor - £12

box £40

-----------

£567

-----------

roughly the same!

why dont you put your sub in a box and in boot??

for ur answer about the parcel shelf read the post previous to ures. and i am one of these people wbo prefere to buy new rather than 2nd hand, dont trust mst second hand things.

its new that one on eBay!! id only buy audio stuff on eBay if:

1) the seller sells alot of other audio items

2) the seller has high feedback

3) there is a chance of refund if faulty/damaged

may be selling my sub on there soon, only had it in a month or so (ps. not trying to advertise) and its in perfect condition. ebays full of bargains.

anyone know what vibe subs are like? my mate ad 2 x 12" ones and they were sweet. is vibe better than sony?

yes thats what i was meant to say!! since your sub is directly facing the window, all the, whats it called, air vibrations?? or whatever is pumped against the window and one day it may just shatter.

looks pretty sweet m8 bar the stereo :(

Looked at the same one myself its not all its cracked up to be. Plus got a friend who knows loads about this stuff and he said the sony x stuff is a bit dodgy (what he said not me!!)

But I know bugger all really about car stereo stuff compared to others here so ill just say hope it sounds good m8 and you can always build on it! :thumbsup:

i had a £400 sony explode mp3 head unit in my old celica, sounded ok to my ears on the celicas Speakers, i'm not into ice except in a vodka and orange.

thats what u gotta remember, im not looking for an in ur face system, jst want sumit with a lil mre bass, i wnt even b using it that overly loud. so i think this will do what i want it to do. is there any way of building the sub into the stealth shelf so u wnt c it? no?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links