Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Supra Is Up!

Karma Supra

Well... it took me a while, problems with webspace, a filthy car, and it raining every time I washed it!!!

The new supra is up and now featured in TOC Garage

Click the text of the images in my sig! (I know, its an Mr2 GIF, I need to edit a Grey mk3 with silver wheels!)

Some new pictures in the garage for the black car too now :D

Whaddya reckon?

Thinking of getting these rims for the Black TT BK299G.jpg

No pics of the polished engine... as out so I can polish EVERYTHING polishable!!!!! ;)

Nice to see a couple of Supras in Ace condition and that have a proud owner. :thumbsup:

Round where I live every mark3 Supra suffered a blown headgasket and then scrapped a few years later due to rottern rear end (back of sills and rear suspension mount etc.). A lot of it was due to the owners they had in the early 90's they just bought 'em and never maintained them. Shame because I think they're a brilliant machine.

Cheers guys!!!

I think a lot of the original "from factory" owners were your yuppies that wanted to be on the new band wagon (jap cars? that go fast?).

As it was jap it would never need servicing as it'll never go wrong :rolleyes:

....-And they don't rot if you clean all the salty muddy gunk out from under the rear wheel arches :lol:

Still.... every car scrapped makes mine that little bit rarer... and parts in scrap yard that little bit more avaliable!

Nice to see a couple of Supras in Ace condition and that have a proud owner. :thumbsup:

Round where I live every mark3 Supra suffered a blown headgasket and then scrapped a few years later due to rottern rear end (back of sills and rear suspension mount etc.). A lot of it was due to the owners they had in the early 90's they just bought 'em and never maintained them. Shame because I think they're a brilliant  machine.

Thats because Toyota's factory torqueing settings for the head studs aren't tight enough. Most Toyota techs here do them about 20 ft. lbs. tighter :o

Karma Supra Posted Today, 03:40 PM

I think a lot of the original "from factory" owners were your yuppies that wanted to be on the new band wagon (jap cars? that go fast?).

As it was jap it would never need servicing as it'll never go wrong  :rolleyes: 

....-And they don't rot if you clean all the salty muddy gunk out from under the rear wheel arches  :lol: 

Correct! :thumbsup:

That was exactly my point, it got so bad with 'Yuppie' type owners in the Telford area that in 1995 I was considering buying a Supra and the local Toyota dealer wouldn't sell me one (or anyone else) because they 'couldn't warrant them' due to the state they were coming in as 'trade ins'. And they weren't even 10 years old then :wacko: The Toyota dealer just 'pushed' them through the car auctions :blink:

A shame because they were (and are) if looked after a wounderful, powerful car and they look nice/fast as well (even when parked up), not like these 'Bland lines' (Skylines) and 'heave Ho's (Evos) or let us not forget every 'Chav's' fantasy...the Subaru Imprezza STI (STI ? :eek:Sexually Transmitted Infection ) :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: 'Bland lines' :lol: I thought I was the only person that called then that!!!

Its true about the headgaskets.. by the time they had had the second face lift they upped the factory head bolt torque to 70 ft.lbs. They will take 80 (Did so on my old red one, no worries).

The other secret it to retorque the headbolts when the car is run in!

The 2.0 twin turbo and 2.5 twin turbo cars don't suffer the headgastet problems :thumbsup:

I never knew that about Toyota and trade ins! It figures though! That might be one of the reasons why the jap import ones seem to be in such better condition, due to owner mentality? (and no salt on the road etc)

Gareth mate from what I can see in the pics your one looks pretty damn good!! I can assure you up close the grey one does not stand up to scrutiny too well! Once I have sorted a few things out both cars will be getting some paint work done to make them perfect :thumbsup:

Far too pampered :lol:

Lovin' the car mate,

but i was never a fan of gold rims... :!Removed!:

personally id say, go for silver or black.

But thats only my oppinion, which doesnt matter as long as you like it. :thumbsup:

T

When I bought the black car... It came with the gold rims on it... I always said.. first thing is those wheels come off!!! But they grew on me and I now like them... Gold wheels would be pretty cool if it wasn't for Subaru!

I'm at the point now where that car is quite well known on various car/Toyota forums... so if I lost the gold wheels it wouldn't be "my car" if you follow!

Not many black mk3s with gold wheels and no lid! I think it can get away with it...Gold would look truely horrid on the grey car! :lol:

Like I say they are a bit of an aquired taste.. I get as many people saying they are vile as I get saying they really suit the car and it pulls it off well!

yer, i can see ur point, you never know i could end up liking it if i 'see it in the flesh'.

I think ive seen you once at the reading meet, but i didnt really say hi or nething :( but i think you were driving your MR2 (which looked nice btw).

Neways, maybe ill see the supra soon at some meet or another, where i can meet more TOCers :D :thumbsup:

Untill then ill leave the comments at that, but i think uve kept it in a really nice condit :thumbsup: .

T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links