Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anybody Wanna Help Me

seveer unaek

Next year (well, starting July) for the 3rd year of my university course, i shall be doing a years paid work placement. This will involve being part of a company and doing a proper job for that year.

Now, my course is computing and ideally i'd like something to do with networking and it needs to be in the leeds area. (although travel to as far as sheffield or manchester would be ok)

So, what i ask is.... can anybody offer me anything or point me in the direction of something along these lines as iv been trying since october with no luck yet!

Any help is great! Thanks very much people!!

Can't help with a placement I'm afraid dude.

I work with Networking and PC repair for a company, and it's a good job.

I looked everywhere when I was looking for a job, and this came up luckily at the same time!

Send out loads of CV's and letters, and ring loads of big companies to begin with.

If you get no luck, then start looking at the smaller companies.

Hope you find summit soon dude.

Cheers... iv rung and e-mailed and sent CV's to all big company's i can think off and all have said their places were full (this was december!) gotta move faster! Iv tried a couple of other companies with no luck, so that's why iv posted on here.

Oh well.... guess i'll keep trying!!

I guess you could try our company....

www.corporemglobal.com

we were gonna try n do placement stuffs but we didnt get decent candidates :P we have an IT team who manage all our infrastructure and servers etc....

*shrugs its in Warrington tho

Your best bet will be large corporations like BT (Their Ipswich plant), Logica (London and Bristol), Microsoft, Compaq etc etc...

In all honesty, I dont think you will get one unless your willing to travel.. and you'll need a large company with a Graduate scheme to stand a chance of getting a years placement...

Try the company i work for - www.laingorourke.com

we've got a couple of headoffices dotted round the country... one in leads & one in manchester - not sure if the Leeds one has IT techies though <_<

J

Thanks everyone! Iv tried BT... iv even know a guy who's worked with placement students there and he can't help.

Im currently enquiring to two interesting places... wrigleys soliciters and JN Bentley... both seem good posts... wish me luck!! (I &#33;Removed&#33; need it!!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links