Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Food Dye Scare

~Rach~

I know this is completely off topic, but everyone should be made aware incase they dont watch the news.

Loads of foods have been accidentally contaminated with a dye which has been linked to increased risk of cancer. The full list is HERE

Please have a check through it, as I found I had some of the items listed in my cupboards and unawarely I'd eaten some of them during this week & now my dads petrified Im going to get cancer (even though they have said the risk is minimal)

It'll only take a minute to check your cupboards/freezer :yes:

There is no evidence to suggest this is harmful to Humans so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Although it doesn't sound too nice. It is used in some oils and plastics etc and apparently got into crosse and blackwell worcestershire sauce which was then used as an ingredient in 359 other lines of food. Sudan 1 I believe it's called and is banned in Europe.

Theres no evidence as they havent tested it on humans (dont think anyone would be stupid enough to test that one!)

Its one of of those things of ok it may do no harm, but I still dont want me or my family to eat it, just in case..... :yes:

Agreed, we can all check our cupboards to make sure we don't have any of these products but I know I have had a few of these products already and being a smoker is probably the least of my worries :(

Thats the thing, theres already a risk of cancer in my family on top of all the heart problems too, so dont really want to chance increasing the risks Ive already got! :(

Sorry Rach I don't think I was coming over right. I was just trying to reassure you that there appears to be a very minimal risk if at all but that doesn't mean we should ignore it.

wipes mouth after eating Beef pot noodle

Its because they contain Worchester Sauce and that contains the red powder stuff.

But its like anything really, if you eat this you might die, but you can't eat anything today which wont kill you.

If you know anyone in the Bath branch of M&S, warn them theres going to be an angry lady coming in about all this :lol:

The biggest p-take is the fact that some stores have been aware of the problem as early as the beginning of last week, but nothing was done until friday :(

Cheers for the heads up...

However I honestly think if we stopped eating everything that has been said to be bad we'd die!

I once read cold water is bad for you!!!!

I'm sure I'm more likely to get cancer from the smokey exhaust fumes of supras, regularly getting covered in synthetic oil, transmission fluid... passive smoking, radionation from mobile phones/wireless routers, constant nagging from the g/f etc etc...

I'd hate to spend all my live carefully dodging carconogens (sp) to get run down by a bus!

(even if its this one)

Edit: blimey after re-reading and correcting I'd say its my liver that'll go first!

I ate some of it, M&S COU (Count on Us) Hotpot, the next day I advised it to a customer, the day after that, well you can guess (and no the customer didn't die!)

The next day this article and information was released.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links