Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Joined The Club!

Glanza_MK

Evening Folks,

Some of you may remember this post I made a few weeks ago: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30795 about me deciding i wanted (or should i say decided I have to have!!) a glanza. First off thanks for all your help. I went to look at a couple of glanzas near me, but they were very tatty. One had the intercooler cover missing and the fins were really mashed up like theyd had tools on top of them! I was very dissapointed and thought that I wouldnt be able to get one.

I then found one at newera imports that they had bought for stock. A friend of mine knows alot about newera and has even met Miguel I think so I trust his judgement and know they are a company I can trust. After alot of consideration, I decided to go ahead and go for this one. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, and im not going to have it until april, but from the 41 pictures of it on the site, I decided it looked pretty immaculate! Put the deposit down today so its actually happening!! Im so excited!

Heres a link to all the info: http://www.neweraimports.com/stock/carDetails.jsp?carId=85

So I am now, finally and very happily joining the glanza club!

John :D

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, it is a tad on the expensive side of glanzas but im only paying for half! ;) Parents are paying for the other half for my 21st (they wanted me to get a new fiesta <_< ).

When I spoke to the guy at the UK newera office he said 'I dont know that much about the cars, but I do know weve never stocked a glanza before as they are never usually in very good condition, so if Miguel (the guy who buys the cars in Japan) has decided to buy it, it must be something special' which was quite reasurring!

First mods are clear front indicators, BOV (Probably blitz supersound), dumping those rear Speakers (is there much space on the parcel shelf for 6x9s?) and changing the HKS induction kit to an apexi one.

Im so excited!!

J

nice one mate!

looks real nice... u must have fantastic parents... my rents defo wouldnt do that!!!!!!!

welcome to the club.

Rich.

It's a very nice car and yeah miguel is a picky guy so they always have very good cars that like yours are just a little over the going rate.

Hope you have a good time with it i've had mine for 3 years now and it's going strong.

Simon

Yeah there's plenty of space for 6 x 9s as i got some on mine. Do you know how much ur insurance will set you back? Better beware of the BOV as most don't cover it in the insurance, dunno why because it doesnt really increase the car speed or anything :blink:

don't be left out, its basically the same but faster car, everytime i drive the glanza it feels like iam driving the other car because all the interior is basically the same.

don't be left out, its basically the same but faster car, everytime i drive the glanza it feels like iam driving the other car because all the interior is basically the same.

ill agree with that comment shelly but i do notice the difference when the turbo spools up nicely lol

Jim

Well I used to feel left out, but not any more!! :P

I have now noticed that the glanzas dont have side indicators? I thought this was a requirement for MOT's? So....How many of you have got side repeaters on your glanzas?! Miguel says he can have them done for me at a small cost as part of the UK preperation - Should I do this or not? I dont want to have to worry about it further down the line!

Many thanks all

J.

PS. Thanks for all the welcomes and kind comments about the car! Glad to hear you think its a gooden! :D

mine didnt :D

i used those stick on indicators to get ot through the SVA. then took em off. you dont need em for an MOT.

it looked much better without indicators.

doesnt look too good now though :S

Hi mate,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I am currently in Japan and am looking at one of these for my other half.

I am pretty sure I have seen the one to which you refer (I noticed on their site after). It is unfortunately in a poor shape on the underside, and looks to have been in a knock at some point it its life. It has also certainly been resprayed as well, and the finish is very poor on some areas.

I would never buy my other half an accident-damaged car, as this one clearly is. I would ask you to reconsider your choice, as there are quite a few good examples passing through auction here.

Sorry for my first post on here to be a downer for you, I have been looking on here for information on them myself.

Dave

i hope your wrong mate!! If there was only a couple of pictures then i probably wouldnt have gone for it. However, due to the number of pictures, the very thorough description and neweras reputation, i'm sure its going to be fine! I know they only are pictures, but the paint work looks in fantastic nick to me

im sort of bricking it now!!! :crybaby: Can anyone please put my mind to rest and tell me that if it is as described by david, that it wouldnt have been an auction grade 4?! (Miguel has got the auction sheet for me)

That car is <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>in kool, all the best wit it. :thumbsup:

That car is <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>in kool, all the best wit it. :thumbsup:

cheers pal!!

Right, BIG update for y'all on this situation! I emailed Miguel the following message a couple of hours ago raising my concerns about the post from davidholden. (apologies for the amount of space this will all take up, but any comments on the whole matter will be welcomed!)

Thanks for the reply again Miguel.

I hate to have to ask you this as I trust you down to the ground from the service ive had so far and also from all the good things ive read and heard, but im a bit nervous about something.  I have been showing my car (i love saying that!) on the Toyota Owners Club GB forums.  Everyone has been congratulating me on such a nice car, although one gentlemans reply has worried me somewhat:

'Hi mate,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I am currently in Japan and am looking at one of these for my other half.

I am pretty sure I have seen the one to which you refer (I noticed on their site after). It is unfortunately in a poor shape on the underside, and looks to have been in a knock at some point it its life. It has also certainly been resprayed as well, and the finish is very poor on some areas.

I would never buy my other half an accident-damaged car, as this one clearly is. I would ask you to reconsider your choice, as there are quite a few good examples passing through auction here.

Sorry for my first post on here to be a downer for you, I have been looking on here for information on them myself.

Dave'

Now I know everything said on forums should be taken with a pinch of salt and there are certain people who just want to cause trouble.  Im pretty sure this guy is either wrong or just trying to wind me up!  It was his first post after all!

Can you please just put my mind at rest on this matter!!  Are you able to take any photos of the underside of the car?

As I said, I hate to have to ask you this as I have every faith in you.

Do you have an email address for this Gareth so I can contact him RE the lights.

Many thanks for everything so far Miguel, it really is appreciated!

Cheers mate

John

I felt kinda embarrased basically asking if miguel was a liar!! But I was quite worried. Miguel has come back to me within an hour and a half with numerous replies (bear in mind it would have been quite late at night over there!). You can pretty much see him getting more and more annoyed!! He's got my name muddled up with this dave in a couple of places but im guessing thats because the adrenalines flowing! Heres what he came back with:

Hi Dave, (He means John!!)

I am surprised and genuinely offended that someone should describe one of Newera's hand picked cars as such.

If you give me the details of the thread, I will complain to moderators on there. This sounds like someone who clearly doesn't have a lot of integrity, especially as his first post. I have heard of rogue dealers with this sort of behaviour before, but never actually had anyone with the guts to insult Newera's honesty.

Perhaps reassure him this is a car inspected by the best in the business. What reputation does he have? Is he a dealer per chance?

Clearly Newera Imports would not risk it's reputation on anything but the best cars available, bar none.

I will happily take pictures of the underside of the car to show it's never had any of the damage he has described.

Feel free to post this reply on the forum.

Best Wishes,

Miguel

And:

Sorry, meant to write "Hi John", but pressed send before checking!

Rest assured the car is NOTHING as this guy has described.

How can people have the gall to write such rubbish?

And (Gareth is the guy that runs the neweraparts.com bit. This meassage was CC-ed to me):

Hi Gareth,

I think next time you go to the yard, take some pictures of this car to show this "John" (He means Dave this time!) is clearly not being honest in his comments, or at best he's mistaken our car for another....

Then post them on this thread, to which I have asked John to send me thread address. Apparently it's the guy's first post... Hmmm.  You and I know there's nobody who comes out to Japan to buy a car for his missus... WTF!!

Best Wishes,

Miguel

And finally:

Hi John,

More thoughts!

We'll also take pics of the windscreen rubbers, Door shuts, etc to show the car's never had a respray. Sadly there's little chance such a guy is in Japan checking auctions for a car for his missus (No exporter would go to a hotel every day to collect & drive a customer to the auctions, then assist this person go around auctions every day for weeks, looking for just one car. Exporters don't usually deal with people wanting only one car....It's far too much work, besides which, such people are inexperienced and don't know how to import cars, so they ask too many questions, etc.

If he were at auctions in Japan, I'd like to meet him. Ask him for a contact number in Japan. He probably doesn't have one.

OK, here's my reply to post on this thread if you wish.

"As the director of Newera Imports -- I am insulted and apawled by post you have put on here John, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt that although this is only your first post on this forum, you are a genuine person.

We will take comprehensive pictures of the car's underside and all areas that would show resprays such as window seals, door seals, etc. to disprove your claim that this car is not as described by Newera Imports and to put our customer's mind at rest. He may wish to post these on this thread.

Newera Imports have the deepest experience with Japanese sports cars. We are the only importer with resident staff in Japan directly in touch with our customers in the UK. Since 1998 Newera Imports has been consistently selecting and supplying the highest quality cars available. Our reputation is founded on this. The cars we supply are of the best quality available and our customers openly share this information because of their enthusiasm when they get their vehicles.

Although export agents rarely (if ever) go to the trouble of collecting a customer each day and taking him to auctions to find a car for "His Missus" as you claim (due to the expense and cost of doing this - it would mean an exporter would not earn anything from the export of 1-3 cars only)

As we are at auctions ourselves each day - and we check all decent EP91's for our stock, as well as other trade customers, if indeed you are at auctions, perhaps we'll see you there. My mobile number in Japan is 090-****-****.  (Wont post that on here)

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to call me, or e-mail info@neweraimports.com your phone number. I will be happy to personally or have another of our engineer staff meet you at auction and give you some guidance on how to inspect cars accurately.

Sincerely,

Miguel Varella-Cid.

I am happy now!! :D My respect for this guy (Miguel) just gets greater and greater!!

What you lot think?!

Cheers!

J

Hi mate,

This is my mistake, upon re-checking, I realised I confused the cars! There are lot of them about! Though few seem as good as yours!

Once again, sorry.

Regards

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links