Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Here, Advice Anyone?

Steam

Right, ok, here we go, i'm looking for buying my first car, im 19, ive got a full licence with pass plus and 0 no claims, i want to go under my own name on the insurance so i can build up some ncb. Now the choice, i'm stuck between getting a 1.5 Paseo 1.5Si or a 1.3 Starlet GT Turbo import.

The main concern is insurance premiums, i read that topic at the top but there seems to be a great deal of confusion over it, i was wonderign if anyone could clear it up. Also i was wondering if i did get the paseo the long term goal would probably be to swap the block with a 1.3 GT turbo engine, but in the mean time anyone know any decent UK sites for paseo parts.

Sorry if these have all been asked before. incidentally, i got quotes £2500 fully comp on the paseo 1.5 Si from virgin and zurich i think, im guessing ht starlet would be more than that.

Thanks for any help.

Hi mate,

Welcome to TOC.

The GT Turbo is a fantastic car, but I'd go for the Seo if I was you. What with your age, ncb etc.

The Paseo is a great car anyway, and parts aren't hard to get hold of.

Rich

Do you know of any good sites for paseo parts, i checked funky product but they didnt have any induction kits, i was wondering if it was possible to get a modded ecu as well.

Welcome to the site mate, Green do an induction kit but it sits a little close to the engine and you get a lot of heat. Some Samco hose and a couple of connectors shifts it and does the trick. Theres a pic in my garage link so you can see what I mean :thumbsup:

no offence mate but i doubt youd get insured on a starlet GT ,i know a few ppl who have tried,an if you do you'll get raped :S

Where abouts in donny are you from tho mate?

Welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

no offence mate but i doubt youd get insured on a starlet GT ,i know a few ppl who have tried,an if you do you'll get raped :S

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Welcome to the club, GT turbo might be a bit pricey for u age with 0ncb. and some companies don't insure under 25 on turbos. Check out Matt Hillyards Seo, it will make you like it ;) :thumbsup:

Ok, i've decided to get a black or white 1996 paseo. The plan, start small, a Cold air induction kit, a decat exhaust system, oz Super Leggera MTS alloys, lowered about 35mm and preferably a bodykit, this will be done over time. I was wondering if you guys could give me tips advice, and also links to some decent online suppliers,i have no idea where to get paseo body kits from so any help is massivly appreciated. Also i was wondering about projector lights, is there any for the paseo?

welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

sounds like you've made up a good plan...

body kits......

www.xracing.com.au they do a couple of kits plus projector headlights but be prepaired to spend cash - the projectors alone from memory were 3-400 quid.....

there are others - i'll try & dig out the links. Eribuni extream dimentions plus a few others.

as for online suppliers i'm sure one of the 2nd genners will be along later to help :thumbsup:

most of the sites i use are for 1st gen paseo/cynos.

J

oooh not too far then! lol iom from hatfield mate,did you go to kickin off donny?

Was a good nite,u mite of even seen my car if you went :D lol a red starlet with alloys ,parked with a saxo an a fezzy

You'll av to get yourself down to a sunday meet then if/when you get a car :thumbsup:

well im 19 with only 1yr NCB and ive managed to get insured for a nice low amount which is nearly equal to what i used to pay on the 1ltr Corsa i used to drive

Hmmm, i might go for a starlet GT Turbo in the end, i got quoted 2700 tpft with pass plus (which is what i have) and 0 no claims, which is about the same as i got quoted for a paseo.

Im 19 with 0ncb and pass plus and i was quoted£1506 fully comp (need to be cat1 alarm though)................ohh ohh giving to much away now :thumbsup:

The Paseo quote was virgin car insurance, its not so much cost, since for my 19th im gifted 6grand for a car and insurance money

Just got a quote from bell direct (same who quoted 2700 tpft for the starlet gt turbo import) a stock 1.5si paseo is quoted tpft "Your Price is £2062.83"

i personally wouldn't give the insurance company the satisfaction of taking more than £1500-£1600 off my hands for insurance.

its daylight robbery in my opinion!!

Rich.

Get your mother on the policy as a named driver....the premium comes down quite a bit with a woman named. It's still your policy and no claims too - you don't even have to let her drive it !

Rich

**** hell, im paying £2388 for my paseo under my mothers name!!!! where the hell are you getting these quotes from ?>!?!?!?!

what pisses me off most though...in saudi arabia (Where i used to live) a friend of mine's gotten insurance for 2 cars (he's 18)....for £100 !!!!!!!!! the uk is a major rip off, everything is cheaper elsehwhere, in america they complain when they're insurance is like £500 for some completely high-horsepower ******* of a car!

try endsleigh

1100 tpft on a starlet gt on a j plate 20 with 0ncb 1 claim(3yrs old) and 3 points (2 yrs old) but would never risk a turbo on less than fully comp as you have to think of price of parts, and the speed! If you do it tpft your bound to crash its sods law!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links