Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Mpg Indication--update.

Gerry 2

I have just been invited to take my RAV into the garage to have a new display unit fitted. :rolleyes: They seem confident it will cure my problem (SEE ORIGINAL THREAD)

Watch this space for update. :thumbsup:

Gerry 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gerry,

Don't keep us in suspense. :drool: I can't wait to here how you got on. If Toyota have figured it out, there's going to be a lot of replacement units needed and I want to get in first !!! :thumbsup: ;)

All the best,

Casper

I have just been invited to take my RAV into the garage to have a new display unit fitted.  :rolleyes: They seem confident it will cure my problem (SEE ORIGINAL THREAD)

Watch this space for update.  :thumbsup: 

Gerry 2.

Hi Gerry,

Don't keep us in suspense.  :drool: I can't wait to here how you got on. If Toyota have figured it out, there's going to be a lot of replacement units needed and I want to get in first !!!  :thumbsup:  ;)

All the best,

Casper

I have just been invited to take my RAV into the garage to have a new display unit fitted.  :rolleyes: They seem confident it will cure my problem (SEE ORIGINAL THREAD)

Watch this space for update.   :thumbsup: 

Gerry 2.

Okay folks here it is :P :rolleyes: ;) Sorry about delay--had to be sure :D

Well I had the new display unit fitted took about 45 minutes. I was told I was the first to have it changed for the new modified unit (I assume they meant at their garage) I arrived home--about 25miles, and had 36mpg on the clock. This was a steady drive down the A1 50-60mph so things were looking good. I have since done some running about--no sustained driving. and have now got 33.3 mpg on the clock. I never had less than 45mpg on the clock before the change. I would therefore be bold enough to state that my problem after 14 months seems to be over. I think anyone with the same problem I experienced, can confidently expect to now get it sorted.

Good luck ;)

Gerry :thumbsup:

I have a 2004 Granite 5dr - been reading your posts with interest - just calculated mine out at 28 av mpg with in-car av reading showing 34 mpg - going to try a few more tank fulls before I know for sure but seems mine is not to accurate either ...

I get the same as AMH. My head unit was replaced a little while ago because of a fault with the cd changer. I now get a reading of between 32 and 34 mpg when the calculated figure is about 28 or 29mpg.

I am going to enquire about it when mine goes in for a service - approx end March / early April - by then I will have a few more calcs done too.

I am going to enquire about it when mine goes in for a service - approx end March / early April - by then I will have a few more calcs done too.

I bought my 2nd hand Rav4 GX (Y reg) last July and did not really bother with the mpg's as I thought it would depress me. However, I did start calculating and almost always came up with around 28mpg, without any sort of concerted driving habits. Then, I decided to drive at a steady (and I do mean steady) 60mph. Did this on a journey on the M4 between London and Newbury, Berks. Calculated the MPG 40+, fantastic! But, had to be incredibly conscious all the time.

When I read the "System" it still read poorly. And when I start the car, it immediately (but not always!) reads an outside temperature of about 20c+ then gradually comes down to a reasonable reading.

Any ideas out there?

Is this a screwy unit, too??

Many Thanks.

I bought my 2nd hand Rav4 GX (Y reg) last July and did not really bother with the mpg's as I thought it would depress me. However, I did start calculating and almost always came up with around 28mpg, without any sort of concerted driving habits. Then, I decided to drive at a steady (and I do mean steady) 60mph. Did this on a journey on the M4 between London and Newbury, Berks. Calculated the MPG 40+, fantastic! But, had to be incredibly conscious all the time.

When I read the "System" it still read poorly. And when I start the car, it immediately (but not always!) reads an outside temperature of about 20c+ then gradually comes down to a reasonable reading.

Any ideas out there?

Is this a screwy unit, too??

Many Thanks.

Agent, There is no doubt that the Rav can give excellent MPG if driven very carefully--especially on long runs. All in all it is a superb vehicle.

I think there was another mention of temperature display discrepancy on here somewhere. There is no doubt that my problem has been cured (my calculated and displayed MPG is now pretty similar. I would certainly talk to your Toyota people, maybe a replacememt unit will sort your probs. :thumbsup:

I hope all you guys who had similar problems to myself can now look forward to getting them sorted. It took me fourteen months--I am glad I didn't give up.

I was tempted to at times. :yes: ;)

Regards

Gerry.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links