Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Camera Protest

dawesy

Sorry but I can't help thinking that a convoy of modified/performance/sports cars ( I know not all of them will be) complaining about speed cameras and limits etc will just prove the governments point on the need for them and will certainly not help the cause.

my 2p

I agree that the average law abiding citizen is being penalised unneccassarily by the over use of these cameras but any protest has to be well thought out.

Initially it should be some sort of petition or such like and if there is a need for a convoy of protest then there should certainly be no modified cars in sight.

It would be more effective if it was a group of senior citizens in their Micras' etc

Think about it!

Is there a Micra forum??? I`ll go post on there. :lol: Seriously tho. It doesn`t matter what you drive. It`s your money they`re after. No discrimination on money is there? So performance, modified, family whatever it is you drive, they dont care. when they take your money, so why should they care what you drive when your protesting? The main point is that someone is willing to stop bleating about the injustice of it all and get off their backsides and try and organize something. Well done them. I`m in. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know how my post sounds and knew how it would be interpreted, don't get me wrong I'll be along in my Supra if it happens and join everyone for beer after.

My point is that the Government would just turn it around and say "look this proves our point it's the people with modified cars etc that have a problem with the speed cameras and they are the ones we are targeting not your average driver".

I know thats a very generalisation but do you see what I mean?

If I'm talking rubbish then great see you there :thumbsup:

p.s. There is a big strike possibly taking place on the 23rd March, this means the Highways department will be very stretched as most of the Telematics personell will be out, not that i'm suggesting anything ;)

Edited by Gareth B

I know how my post sounds and knew how it would be interpreted, don't get me wrong I'll be along in my Supra if it happens and join everyone for beer after.

My point is that the Government would just turn it around and say "look this proves our point it's the people with modified cars etc that have a problem with the speed cameras and they are the ones we are targeting not your average  driver".

I know thats a very generalisation but do you see what I mean?

If I'm talking rubbish then great see you there :thumbsup:

p.s. There is a big strike possibly taking place on the 23rd March, this means the Highways department will be very stretched as most of the Telematics personell will be out, not that i'm suggesting anything ;)

Yeah. I know what you mean. The powers that be will twist anything to suit them. :ffs:

BLOODUK. what if someone on here lives next to a motorway.. and a speeding motorist lost control and went through the fence into the garden and killed their kid????  you won't be there favourite person after your silly comment.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry not trying to be funny, but you really believe people build motorways alongside peoples gardens?

They do in Scotland.. M9 near Bonnybridge for instance.. and i'm sure there will be lots more examples around the whole of the UK... remember.. a car traveling out of control at 70mph can travel a fair distance.. so even if a garden is 50 - 60 yards away.. it will still be going fast enough to kill anyone it may hit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links