Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

30% Of Young Drivers Driven Without Insurance!

Fidgits

Nearly one-third of all young drivers have driven without insurance, and 13% think it is acceptable because “it doesn’t harm anyone” – according to the shocking findings of a new survey.
It is estimated that at any one time five percent - 1 in 20 - of drivers on British roads are uninsured.
Despite these figures, it is estimated that just 16% of the UK’s uninsured drivers are convicted every year.

Although there are the suggestions that police should have the power to sieze and destroy un-insured cars.

Full story here

Nearly one-third of all young drivers have driven without insurance, and 13% think it is acceptable because “it doesn’t harm anyone” – according to the shocking findings of a new survey.
It is estimated that at any one time five percent - 1 in 20 - of drivers on British roads are uninsured.
Despite these figures, it is estimated that just 16% of the UK’s uninsured drivers are convicted every year.

Although there are the suggestions that police should have the power to sieze and destroy un-insured cars.

Full story here

Im not surprised when its cheaper to be caught and pay the fines and carry on than it is to insure for one year!! :rolleyes:

Basically only the people who know right from wrong break the law, but when you are saving over 1 grand... its easy to be swayed

Although there are the suggestions that police should have the power to sieze and destroy un-insured cars

I agree with that 100% - these uninsured drivers really haven't a clue about the risks they are taking driving withoiut insurace!!! :angry:

they prob wont care tho because their cars are normally £100-£250 *****ters anyway.

I'm a firm believer in tying the road tax and insurance together on one disc on the windscreen that can be checked by the roadside camera as they do currently.

One of the systems my company does consists of vehicle tagging and tag readers, the tags can be loaded with info, i.e. car numberplate, colour, if it is insured, mot and taxed...

drive past tag readers with a camera linked to out mumberplate recognition system.. that way they can tell at a passing glance if:

its not taxed,

not insured,

not MOt'd,

have the plates been swapped?

has the colour been changed?

with enough readers it could bea very effective system! the goverment are interested...

it can also be applied to car parking, congestion charges etc, no gettigna ticket/permit, jsut just get a bill for what you have used at the end of the month!

[quote Although there are the suggestions that police should have the power to sieze and destroy un-insured cars

If we just replace the "cars" with "drivers" then I totally agree! :)

any idea howmany accidents are caused by people over 60 compared to young drivers?

I would sooner be run into by a doddery old fart, at least they would most likely have insurance. :yes:

at a £100 fine every time I'm caught .. I can get away with being caught 16 times a year and *still* save money :ffs:

Just makes my blood boil thinking about it. GRRRRRRRRR :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs: :censor: :ffs:

at a £100 fine every time I'm caught .. I can get away with being caught 16 times a year and *still* save money :ffs:

Thats the point i was making and it makes me soooo MAD

:ffs:

i would of thought its higher than 30%!! the amount of w :censor: ers

i know that aint got insurance is shocking!! they just dont seem to care

about themselves, their banger, which they all tend to be and the people

around them.

and the under age driving is slowly creeping up!!! :angry:

i also hate drink drivers, drugged up drivers and he ones that uses their mobiles

while driving!! you think talking on the phone is bad well the other day on the

M2 i came across an idiot !Removed! texting!! :eek:

The question really has to be asked why if its cheaper to be caught and fined than insuring a car one of two things has to happen really either insurance compaines have to lower their premiums (yeah right)or the pushishment has to be more server to deture people against it, im fairly lucky im at that age now how where im not really a risk to insurance compaines but my other wife is as she is 6 years younger than me (although mentally she is 7 years older than me :D )

Steve

In our local paper last night-

Aged 26, 3rd offence, no liscence, no insurance, no mot, caught speeding.

Result- £250 fine, £45 costs and banned from driving for 1 year, ermm how do you ban some git with no liscence ffs :ffs:

In our local paper last night-

Aged 26, 3rd offence, no liscence, no insurance, no mot, caught speeding.

Result- £250 fine, £45 costs and banned from driving for 1 year, ermm how do you ban some git with no liscence ffs :ffs:

Just plain stupid £250 which they more than likely wont pay.

and then you can get a £60 fine for eating whilst driving the fact you even bothered to insure, tax, mot and took a driving test and passed dont count for nothing.

I just feel its time the courts got a grip on realality.

Just my 2p's worth

Steve

You just know it would end in tears if one of those fools rear ended you, the only person loosing out would be the innocents!

I knew a guy at uni who drove with no insurance, and his response was "Its cheaper to risk getting caught than to pay for insurance"

I don't know how these people sleep at night.

Just plain stupid £250 which they more than likely wont pay.

and then you can get a £60 fine for eating whilst driving the fact you even bothered to insure, tax, mot and took a driving test and passed dont count for nothing.

I just feel its time the courts got a grip on realality.

Just my 2p's worth

Steve

They will pay it but most likely at a fiver a week or some other ammount just as daft, grrr :angry:

As for the eating thing how much was it that the cop's in Newcastle spent on that lass caught eating, 15k springs to mind and involved a plane and a helicopter of all thing's just get the £60 :wacko:

So you can smoke a !Removed! but not eat a twix, tis madness what you can get done for these day's :cacker:

g_bad_ant Posted Yesterday, 10:43 PM

and the under age driving is slowly creeping up!!! 

Oh my, I never knew about that problem :eek:

i also hate drink drivers, drugged up drivers and he ones that uses their mobiles

while driving!! you think talking on the phone is bad well the other day on the

M2 i came across an idiot !Removed! texting!! 

Yes drivers lined up next to me at junctions texting i've now seen quite often! ... I just couldn't believe what I saw the first time I saw it. :o

They will pay it but most likely at a fiver a week or some other ammount just as daft, grrr :angry:

As for the eating thing how much was it that the cop's in Newcastle spent on that lass caught eating, 15k springs to mind and involved a plane and a helicopter of all thing's just get the £60 :wacko:

So you can smoke a !Removed! but not eat a twix, tis madness what you can get done for these day's :cacker:

it was somewhere in the 10-15k bracket for catching a hardend criminal and they had the police chopper out to catch this law breaker,

For eating a Apple whilst driving :eek:

So you can smoke a fag but not eat a twix, tis madness what you can get done for these day's :cacker:

If I got stopped with a twix, I wonder if you would get away with saying you were smoking it? <_<

Be a bit broloxed if he offered you light!! :(

im fairly lucky im at that age now how where im not really a risk to insurance compaines but my other wife is as she is 6 years younger than me (although mentally she is 7 years older than me :D )

Steve

wow, you have 2 wives!!! :eek:

Is that legal :D :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links