Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty

Caz SR

Hi everyone,

Ok so my Yaris is in for it's 20,000 mile service at Octagon Slough as I type (and yes I'm nervous after reading everyone's opinions on Toyota dealerships). Already had a phone call from the garage to tell me a shock absorber needs replacing.

I asked how much this will cost and the guy said nothing due to it being covered by warranty.

I found out that I have 3 months warranty left on the car. Due to buying the vehicle privately, I do not have the original documentation to tell me what's covered or excluded. Could anyone help?

I'd like to check the car over and have as much done under warranty as possible, then "BYE BYE" TOYOTA DEALERSHIP / SERVICE AND YOUR EXTORTIONATE PRICES (177 :censor: pounds!!!)... "Hello" to an approved garage with friendly people and realistic tariffs.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I think 3 years is still every part that is not a perishable part or however they describe it :/ ...

So not brake pads, fuel, oil but anything else that shouldnt break in that time..

Don't forget shocks must be replaced in pairs to retain equal performance across car - dealer should replace the pair - they did on my previous Lexus - all on warranty ...

You are all very lucky to have shockers replaced under warranty as many warranties would class this as a wearing part (could argue you've driven on bad roads, banged up kerbs etc.).

So fair play to the Toyota dealers you have been using, I know they're expensive but they have been honest.

:)

No doubt about it - the Toyota / Lexus warranty is a top class item.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links