Moffmo

What do you think  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think

• Write Off
    • T-cut it out
    • "At least you are ok"

thanks for the support guys!

The airbag didnt go off but i kinda scraped the mondeo, the mondeos only damage is a scraped back wing and the wheels knocked off balance..

I seroiusly am baffled at what happened, anyway i hope to get it fixed as i love my yaris :D

Now insurance next year... thats another matter

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moffmo

• Al J

• jaxx

• RossP

Top Posters In This Topic

awwww dude! thats rough

but it does look mainly cosmetic!

trust me! i know how to crash and fix a yaris!

is the wheel in the right place? silly question but if thats a yes then your onto a winner and havnt broke the suspension

Sh*t dog dude.

Glad to hear you're alrite.

Know wot you've gone thru man. I wrote the Micra off early January.

Same sort of thing.

Coming round a bend at about 40mph, went from dry to wet road, and back end slid round. Car bounced off the kerb, 180 right, then gripped, 180 left, mounted the kerb, ran along a hedge, hit a stump with front passenger wing, lifted car into ait and swung the back end 90 degrees round to the right.

Ended up blocking one side of the road!

It sucked, as no one believed i wasn't speeding.

One guy who stopped even asked if I had been drinking, cause he thought i looked drunk! (Needless to say, i almost smacked him one!)

The main thing is that you're okay.

Mine was a write-off, but if you can get it back, you could repair - but prob not cheap.

Is driveshaft still in gearbox, etc? Mine popped out when i crashed.

Take care dude, and keep us posted.

i believe u too mate becuz at one night,my father decided to let my brother drive his Honda S2000 home and i asked my brother can i have a go init on the way home i was only doing 40mph around a corner it started to lose traction and i try to correct it,but ended on half way down the banking.but lucky we manage to get the car out and my dad didnt know nothing.

Awwww Matty - same as everyone else - just glad you are ok - I'd much prefer your precious car to look like that rather than you hunny!

Definately not a write off though - that'll be quite easy to fix I'd imagine - shame I havent got Karis' intact left light as it would have been perfect for this job....

Your baby will be back and up and running before you know it!

Mother Nature eh - she can be harsh sometimes - sounds like you hit black ice.

Not to worry though **HUGS** - all will be well soon! :thumbsup:

i reckon i can fix it myself... get some phase 1 headlights and a tsport bumper put on it :D

I need a body shop to do all the scrapes etc

Who wants to help me :D

awwww dude! thats rough

but it does look mainly cosmetic!

trust me! i know how to crash and fix a yaris!

is the wheel in the right place? silly question but if thats a yes then your onto a winner and havnt broke the suspension

oh and yes, im 80% certain the wheel is in the right place, there wasnt any damage on the wheel at all lol!

well if you have it at home strip all the nackered bits off and see if it drives at all and if its ok

thats the first indication

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only joking....... glad your ok m8. :thumbsup:

Hope your back on the road soon.. bigger, better faster.. (faster??) than ever before :)

Well he's got the opening ready for the cold air intake now... ;)

Ouch! :wacko:

Just make sure you get an alignment check to see that everything's pointing in the right direction before you start repairing then you're good to go. :thumbsup:

Well he's got the opening ready for the cold air intake now... ;)

Ouch! :wacko:

Just make sure you get an alignment check to see that everything's pointing in the right direction before you start repairing then you're good to go. :thumbsup:

Chill winston! Am only kidding :thumbsup:

Ouch :eek::eek:

So sorry to see that mate, a fellow T3 looking very poorly :(

Glad you are alright tho,

B :censor: y weather! :ffs:

Btw..stay with the phase 2 teardrop headlights, much better than phase 1's IMO..

Thats *****ty mate - but glad that YOU are in one peice.

If it helps I got a replacement t-sport front bumper for 60 plus vat - obviously you need more than just that ... but it all helps.

If you need a new bonnet I have my orginal one and as far as I know they're all the same - pm me if it will help

Clarky

That sucks Matt, had same thing happen to me in the Astra, i hope it wasn't something to do with the new suspension?

Had ya declared ya mods?

As i said in the text i am glad you are ok!!

and yes, im 80% certain the wheel is in the right place, there wasnt any damage on the wheel at all lol!

Of course the wheels in the right place------that's the one I fitted your new studs on (I deny all responsibility :P )

Glad your OK Matt :thumbsup:

Hurry up and get back on the road. ;)

Les

Sorry to see that bud.. be lucky 1.. your ok... 2... your rims are fine... 3 your car can be fixed.. :yes:

Chin up bud!.. :yes:

Thanks guys!! :D

jaxx, they said they had to tow it away as the wheel was exposed!

im not sure what to do as the mondeo will claim off me so i might as well get my car done at the same time? (and the council for that fence!)

Lorne, thanks for your offer of the bonnet, i appriecate the offer 10xs, ill let you know if i need it :D

Matt!

Looks a mess but i'm sure you can get it sorted! Bet its only cosmetic! :D Don't let the removal company sting you for overnight storage, thats how i got bummed when i wrote my daewoo off on the motorway!

Anyway, ur probably sick of hearing the obvious stamement about your walk away from the bump - so i won't say it, but you know i mean it anyway pal :thumbsup:

Good job about the old rims being on eh bud!??!

i reckon i can fix it myself... get some phase 1 headlights and a tsport bumper put on it :D

In regards to this and other posts on repairing it.... what's the point?? You pay vast amount in insurance... let them do it. They'll sort it to a perfect state, give a courtesy car and take care of it all until yours is ready. Why bother putting yourself through all the hassle of finding parts and taking 10 times longer to get it back on the road.

Also... you don't know what could have been damaged, i hit a crappy ford ka at about 10mph and damage wasn't bad at all, yet it was a £1500 claim (includimg hers) because the emergency tow bar bits which are re-inforced to the chassis (and where you have hit) had crushed in and buckled the chassis at the front.

Cars are designed to crumple so that you don't... it might look cosmetic, but dark things could be lurking below!

Also, the insurance hike won't be too bad... take into account the amount of money you'll have to spend on getting parts, labour etc etc, easily £300. Plus, you've got the mondeo to pay for, and since nobody was at fault... you may have to pay for the fence if you broke it! Granted, my insurance went up £300, but i had absolutley no hassle and drive a totally safe car... knowing that all is properly fixed! Why risk another accident?

Oh, very sorry to hear about it too and glad no one was hurt!

In regards to this and other posts on repairing it.... what's the point?? You pay vast amount in insurance... let them do it. They'll sort it to a perfect state, give a courtesy car and take care of it all until yours is ready. Why bother putting yourself through all the hassle of finding parts and taking 10 times longer to get it back on the road.

Also... you don't know what could have been damaged, i hit a crappy ford ka at about 10mph and damage wasn't bad at all, yet it was a £1500 claim (includimg hers) because the emergency tow bar bits which are re-inforced to the chassis (and where you have hit) had crushed in and buckled the chassis at the front.

Cars are designed to crumple so that you don't... it might look cosmetic, but dark things could be lurking below!

Also, the insurance hike won't be too bad... take into account the amount of money you'll have to spend on getting parts, labour etc etc, easily £300. Plus, you've got the mondeo to pay for, and since nobody was at fault... you may have to pay for the fence if you broke it! Granted, my insurance went up £300, but i had absolutley no hassle and drive a totally safe car... knowing that all is properly fixed! Why risk another accident?

Oh, very sorry to hear about it too and glad no one was hurt!

Good advice :thumbsup:

Iv decide to just let it sort itself out lol, the mondeo and council will be claiming off me anyway