Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exam Results

nrgizerbunny

thanks everyone!

As for laying bricks, well I haven't laid any (well not away form toilets - sick student humour) although when i went up to see my tutor to get my results I could feel my heart going THUMP THUMP THUMP.

have a nice day

sanj

You have a nice day too. In fact, shouldn't you be in the pub celebrating? :beer:

Got to do a project report for tomorrow morning! My hp printer is having paper pick up problems!

time for brake cleaner :)

you on for a 1st with all those A's ?

I got mine yesterday, I couldn't give a monkeys what I get as it only for professional purposes as long as i pass, got a 2.2, 3rd & 3rd ave is still 2.2 only 3 more to go in June and its all over, 2nd BSc Hons will be complete!

2nd one midmotorsteve?? Nice one! What you studied?

I agree with that but still try and get as high a classing as you can!

Nobody got a First last year and there were only 6 2:1's = worrying!! :o

Well good luck anyway, sure you'll do ok.

I did a BSc joint hons in Environmental Biology / Environmental Science, graduated in 1999 with a 2:2, then due to work requirements for progression had to get a more specific degree so now aiming to graduate in June with a BSc hons in Applied Biomedical Science.. I can see our generation and future being forced to do exams right through our career to 'prove' that we are up-to-date etc for litigation reasons, makes me very angry :censor:

blame the americans :cacker:

Nope I'm not on for a first unfortunately.

In my third year I really screwed up the Aerodynamics and aerospace materials modules up. (if anyone is interested, do a search for navier-stokes equations!). They were absolutely rock solid.

scottish sr - how many people are in your year? have you got a job lined up?

steve - i find it hard to believe they are making you go learn more stuff again. I did a year placement at Rolls-Royce and hardly any of the stuff I was doing was relavent.

Nope I'm not on for a first unfortunately.

In my third year I really screwed up the Aerodynamics and aerospace materials modules up. (if anyone is interested, do a search for navier-stokes equations!). They were absolutely rock solid.

scottish sr - how many people are in your year? have you got a job lined up?

steve - i find it hard to believe they are making you go learn more stuff again. I did a year placement at Rolls-Royce  and hardly any of the stuff I was doing was relavent.

about 63 nrgizerbunny, how many are in yours?

Got an interview with a company on monday so fingers crossed! lol What about you?

Yeah I learn loads of stuff, good if you want to become a design engineer but not totally useful if you want to move into contracting! :(

dymchurch,

Regarding rolls-royce entry requirements, they aren't the worst I have seen. They just want a 2.1 and frankly that company can get away with blue murder because they are seen as such a good company in the public eye. There salary, holidays and working conditions are dreadful!

Like you, I can't wait to finish!

Scottish SR,

at Bath, the year group includes Aeronautical, Mechanical, Automotive, manufacturing and IED (innovation engineering design?!??). Anyway there are 120 on all of those courses. When i started there were 150, but the drop out rate is really bad.

job wise, I have got one at an oil company which i think is the way to go, their pay is loads better than Airbus, Rolls-Royce, BAE systems etc.

I bought two books which i would reccommend, The perfect interview and the perfect cv both by max eggert. Since buying those books every CV i've sent has got me an interview and every interview I've had, i've got a job from!

Good luck mate

The 63 are only those doing Civils nrgizerbunny, there are loads more doing Mechanical, Electrical and IED too.

I looked into BAE systems for a while and a few offshore places but ultimately want to stick to my roads and bridges! lol

Good luck anyway!

steve - i find it hard to believe they are making you go learn more stuff again. I did a year placement at Rolls-Royce  and hardly any of the stuff I was doing was relavent.

yeah, problem is the 'sueing' culture, if a company employs you but then say 10 years down the line you make a mistake and someone files a claim, if your training isn't bang upto date the company has to take blame. If they make you contantly jump hoops then they can turn around and say they have made every effort to ensure you are fully trained and so you can then be held personally responsible. It stinks! :cacker: Only benefit to you is you can demand more money as you inheritantly have more responsibility.

well done!

Aerospace engineering! welcome to my world! prepar to get stressed!

are ya going to work at Filton Airbus :rolleyes:

nope they don't pay well enough!

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

im fed up of being at that place recently! been about 3 times in one week!

500mile round trip! :ffs:

impressive though!