Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What The Hell Is This?

seveer unaek

Erm... iv never seen this before... is it the inside of a Verso??

13.jpg

If it isn't... what the hell is it?!

Why are you so surprised? It looks like any other Yaris interior to me.

yeah the console is slight ly different and the vents are different????? graham have you been on the fet again........... calm down

I wasn't so surprised, i was just wondering that if it wasn't a verso, which goon changed their interior to that?! Standard Yaris is much better... nicer vents, better designed central column... if it wasn't a verso i just wondered what it was!

Calm down dear... it's just an interior

The poor Verso gets pretty bad press hereabouts!

If you can get past the looks (and I know that's difficult) it's really as good a car (if not better in some respects) than the standard Yaris. Sure, you sit a bit higher and the body roll is more pronounced, but there is a huge amount of very comfortable space inside.

As I think I said recently, I tried one when I was looking for my first diesel and I was really impressed.

As the saying goes, "don't bash it 'till you've tried it!" ;)

A

I saw a Verso parked at Lakeside, and I detoured so I walked right past it and had a quick look at the interior, I didnt think it was that bad actually...it's just a shame about the outside! :)

• 1 month later...

I would second alanbradley's comments. I am on my second new Yaris Verso and would contemplate a third later this year/early next provided Toyota is still making them available in the UK (sadly, there are rumours of its demise in the UK when the new Yaris is launched).

Yes, the exterior looks are pretty grim to many. I'm used to it now and don't have a problem - at least it still turns heads though maybe not for the reason most would prefer! There are some amazing custom versions - mainly of the Japanese version, the FunCargo - but I'm far to old to worrry about that sort of thing.

The car has astonishing interior carrying capacity when the rear seats are folded under the floor. It's economic, reliable and I can get four up, luggage and still cruise the motorway comfortably and with room to spare at the legal limit.

A great little car - I just hope Toyota keeps it on the UK list! Oh, and just to confirm - yes, the picture is most definitely the interior of a left hand drive Yaris Verso.

As you've probably gathered I'm a Verso fan....

get a berlingo :thumbsup:

But the chap obviously wants something reliable and comfortable. Neither of those accusations could be levelled at a Berlingo!

A

If you can get past the looks (and I know that's difficult) it's really as good a car (if not better in some respects) than the standard Yaris. Sure, you sit a bit higher and the body roll is more pronounced, but there is a huge amount of very comfortable space inside.

As I think I said recently, I tried one when I was looking for my first diesel and I was really impressed.

A

Indeed!

The verso's got room that Yaris owners can only dream off. Ever see the rear legroom in one? Or what they can hold with the seats folded down? Quite impressive!

Of course I'm biased because I drive a close cousin to the verso myself, but I knew about the verso long before I'd ever seen a bB and I wished they would bring it to the US. I liked the Echo (Yaris with a boot) but it wasn't big enough for me. I'm pretty active and always carrying assorted crap around or packing 3 or 4 friends along for the ride and I wanted something small and economical, yet fun to drive, that could fit an assembled bicycle upright or a 36" TV or 4 adults comfortably for a long trip. Very few vehicles that fit that bill!

A

Indeed!

The verso's got room that Yaris owners can only dream off. Ever see the rear legroom in one? Or what they can hold with the seats folded down? Quite impressive!

Of course I'm biased because I drive a close cousin to the verso myself, but I knew about the verso long before I'd ever seen a bB and I wished they would bring it to the US. I liked the Echo (Yaris with a boot) but it wasn't big enough for me. I'm pretty active and always carrying assorted crap around or packing 3 or 4 friends along for the ride and I wanted something small and economical, yet fun to drive, that could fit an assembled bicycle upright or a 36" TV or 4 adults comfortably for a long trip. Very few vehicles that fit that bill!

I perfer the Bb Scion, as apposed to the verso :D

It looks cool

Some interesting comments guys. All goes to suggest I will have to try to get a third one befiore they are discontinued in the UK and then hang on to it.

... and yes, as someone said, the rear leg room is remarkable in the Yaris Verso. I really don't think the car gets the space design credit it deserves.

I have had the Berlingo suggested as a replacement before but, being a Toyota man, I'm afraid that it doesn't figure in the equation. Anyway isn't it French - don't like to encourage them (only joking - well a bit anyway). Again, as suggested, I'd only worry about reliability and general build quality :(

Go for the D4-D and throw a chip in it.

The 1.5 is great fun, but would have chose a 1.4TD if it had been offered. More torque, more mod potential with the turbo and far better economy.

My car does alright with the 1.5 but the fuel economy is pathetic compared to the 1.9 TDI in my previous Volkswagen. I'd kill to have THAT diesel in THIS car. :(

Thanks for the suggestion but what do I do with the rest of the chips?

... and do I eat the cod or throw it away?

:rolleyes:

Dash a bit of vinegar and sea salt on all of it, eat the cod, put one chip in your car, then wrap the rest of the chips in a cone of newspaper and mail them to me.

Not sure that was such a good idea - placing the chip in the engine compartment apears to have made no difference to performance and there is now a permanent smell of burning vinegar and potatoes in the car! Should I maybe buy some more and put one in the tyre of each wheel?

Oh, and the rest of the chips are on their way first class. If they don't arrive its probably because the chips are poor performers - after all the one in my car hasn't done anything ..... yet!

:wacko: