Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Wheels

KarenB

I've noticed that over the last couple of months, my alloys have gone really rubbish! They look all pitted and dirt sticks in the bits that have peeled off. There is quite a bit of damage round the rims and i have never kirbed it while parking!!!

Has anyone else had this?

I just called Toyota and asked if the waranty covers it (Its a euro import). they said "should do" but i have got to take it down for them to look at. What are the chances they will sort them out!!

If its under waranty, they have to do it cause thats the idea of a warenty.

Best of luck though, dont let Mr T win you over!

I've never actually owned a car so new to be under waranty before this one! I had heard of people getting shaffted with a waranty cos of dealers blagging there way out of it!

Don't take no for an answer, and you should get what you want! :D

This has happened with many owners Toyotas. The standard alloys arent very good. You should be ok!

Mine were really bad, just the warranty had run out :(

I had mine replaced just inside warranty (2yrs 8months, 50000miles).

Mr T Changed them no arguement, a couple more years later they were going bad again, So I had them refurb'd and sprayed Black £100-110 in total.

Don't let them try and con you.

yep had same probs 2years ago but MRT replaced them under warranty no prob at all.

but now wheels have started to go again and its out of warranty bummer :(

so getting powder coated gray like civic TYPE R :D

i got new ones at 2 yrs 11months then sold em! they only pitted cause i left them in the garage dirty oops!

I'm on my third set..... well the front off side is the fourth..as they damaged it whilst replacing...all covered under warranty (import too)

Even though I'm not just outside the warranty...and the latest set are again pitting, I'm still going to get them to replace them again under the 1yr manufactures Guarentee...if they can't provide a decent alloy then they can change them every year for me.

Vipes

Dont take NO for an answer! Just go there and tell them what you expect them to do about it! :thumbsup:

I've never actually owned a car so new to be under waranty before this one! I had heard of people getting shaffted with a waranty cos of dealers blagging there way out of it!

Warranty tends not to cover things which they class as "Consumables", or "General Wear and Tear", thats how they get out of stuff, unless its defective due to manufacturing flaws.

You should be fine with your alloys, don't take any fobbing offs, and make sure u get a manager to confirm the poilcy if they do!

I got a new set with a month to go on the warranty - they tried to clean one with brake cleaner then gave up and just said they'd call.

5 days later they were fitted - sold them soon after when I go my new ones!

mine have gone all bobbly around where the center cap is. like craters or something. recon they woudl be covered on my warrenty as its up at end of march??

Just checked mine and they all look crap and there under a year old :(

These T-sport wheels seem prett crappy to me! SR ones still look superb!

There is one possibility though... are any of you using wheel cleaning products? If you are, id check to make sure they aren't acidic, as they will corrode poor quality alloys very quickly. Best not to use alloy wheel cleaner... it's washing up liquid in a posh bottle.

Normal car shampoo and elbow grease! :thumbsup:

:angry: I change mine after a year they started pitting and i looked after them like a new born baby must be a fault with them IT SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING AT ALL.

• 2 weeks later...

:angry:

Seen alot of the SR wheels recently. Love em to bits!

Had my wheels replaced just before the end of the Warranty last November.

The new ones are now "blebbing", and the dealers just say "sorry mate, it's out of warranty"! So what happened to a years cover for new parts then?

How come a dealership is oh so helpful when you first go to them, then the next time you go to them they proceed to rip you off / fob you off?

They seem to think owners are idiots, i've only been driving 16years and of course i haven't learned anything along the way! I used to service my own cars and motorcycles, but to be honest crawling underneath is a pain these days so pay for it to be done. But i think i'll buy a house with a big garage now (with radiators) and start doing it again. I think i'll find yet another dealer and see what they say about the wheels, the oh this is the first time we've seen you" glow in his eyes might prompt a bit of conscence. :arrgg-matey:

i do all my stuff myself

1. its cheaper im a right tight ubik

2. you know its done right then