Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Yaris Blue

Blue84

Hi Guys,

I got the new Yaris Blue today, was a bit nervous taking the T3 down there as my Dad made me drive on a really really really nasty roundabout to get to the dealership, the petrol gauge started flashing on the last bar 3/4 through the journey on a dual carriageway too so that was worrying me! Was able to remove the tax disc from my T3 aswell so I can get a rebate from the DVLA for that.

Driving home in the Blue was scary..as it was torrential rain and again had go on a dual carriageway but I took a less nerve wracking route and my Dad fell asleep so I was all alone! But we made it in one piece, even tho it did start snowing..here she is:

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

blue4.jpg

Better photo's to come when it's not so cold and I figure out how to remove the setting on the camera which has made the last 3 photos I took go out of focus :blink:

Blue..who finally has a Yaris Blue ;)

Lovely looking car Blue! Love the colour and the interior! :D

Makes sense for Blue to have a Blue! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing some more pics! :thumbsup:

She/he looks just great!!! I'm so happy for you! :D

I just can't wait to see her for real now. Wooooohooooooo :D:D and finding out her/his name :P

And as Em said, we want more pics!

Nice!

Wish i had steering controls for the radio :crybaby:

Like the colour Tina, and now your TOC name is true to life!!! Hope yopu enjoy the 1.3 :yes:

Lovely, love the interior and all the extra's! :thumbsup: I'm liking that Ice Blue colour aswell! :drool:

I went into Toyota today but thats another story! :rolleyes:

Looking good blue :) look after it well :thumbsup:

Thats nice!

Saw loads of Yaris at work today. All blue with the multispoke wheels, the SR isn't it? Or something. Lovely looking car!

Yeah I wondered that too but didn't want to go off topic on Blues post.....

Maybe post a thread of your own Ryan - I want to know what your story is!

Good choice Blue :thumbsup: ........keep it clean :yes:

Nice car you have there.

Oh BTW if you take some pics of your car can you take a side shot??? It is the same colour as my Yaris but I want to see how it looks with the alloys. The alloys on the 1.3 are the alloys I would like for mine.

Thanks

Sorry if that sounds a bt cheeky, it isnt intended to be.

Thanks guys for the comments, I still cant believe it's here and is sitting outside..my Dad's asked to take it out for a little drive tomorrow as well as he likes it, for him to ask me that is a miracle!! :eek:

Gonna hopefully spend some of tomorrow working out how to use the audio controls as didnt have a chance to try them out today, along with tuning in the radio presets..

This may just be me imagining things but this one feels more sturdy than the T3 did :wacko:..seems to be more solidly built but could that be because its new?

Nice car you have there. 

Oh BTW if you take some pics of your car can you take a side shot???  It is the same colour as my Yaris but I want to see how it looks with the alloys.  The alloys on the 1.3 are the alloys I would like for mine. 

Thanks

Sorry if that sounds a bt cheeky, it isnt intended to be.

Yeah of course I'll take a side shot, they are the T-Spirit alloys complete with the locking wheel nuts too....:)

Hi Guys,

I got the new Yaris Blue today, was a bit nervous taking the T3 down there as my Dad made me drive on a really really really nasty roundabout to get to the dealership, the petrol gauge started flashing on the last bar 3/4 through the journey on a dual carriageway too so that was worrying me!

Yey... Blue's got a blue!! Lovely looking car... my girlfriend will be very jealous as she loves that colour!

Oh... just to add... when your petrol bar starts flashing... you have about 40miles left to go... so i wouldn't ever worry! Also... what do you class as a really nasty roundabout? They're all easy... just barge your way in, press the 'go quicker' pedal, indicate where you're going and wheeee you're on way!

Anyways... hope all's well (and you get to sleep! ) I say that because whenever i get something new and im excited about it, i can never get to sleep... im always thinking about using it/playing it/driving it!

Have fun! :D :thumbsup:

congrats , very nice, :thumbsup:

I know about the long journey, i had to bring my t-sport back in the rush hour on the M25 just after buying it.

Nice one Blue, she looks great! :thumbsup:

And if you get stuck for a name, what's wrong with simply, "Blue"? :yes:

Still waiting for Mr T to deliver mine to dealers. Sometime this month would be nice.

Looking forward to more pix. Enjoy!

Hey Blue... she looks great ;) :thumbsup:

how about for names:

Aomi - (n) blueness; greenness; tinge of blue (green)

Aozora - (n) blue sky; (P)

Asagi - (n) light blue

Japanese :P.... my fav being the first :P Aomi :P

Oh... just to add... when your petrol bar starts flashing... you have about 40miles left to go... so i wouldn't ever worry! Also... what do you class as a really nasty roundabout? They're all easy... just barge your way in, press the 'go quicker' pedal, indicate where you're going and wheeee you're on way!

Cheers, I wasnt too sure on how much reserve it had left when that bar started flashing..and the roundabout I mentioned has one really big roundabout in the centre, and then where each road joins onto the big roundabout there is another smaller roundabout before the big one..it's very busy all the time too..I got cut up big time there by a white van man in my T3 when she was only a month or so old, but I hated it before then. It's the only thing I can say that I hate about driving...motorways, parallel parking, reversing into a bay etc are no problem!

Looks good :thumbsup: Very, erm, blue ;)

A

• 9 months later...

*dig dig*

Good evening folks. I'm a newbie member here.

I thought I would share my experience of Yaris ownership. Unsure whether to start a new thread on it, so I'm just going to add it on here. I do vaguely remember reading this particular thread before I purchased the car, so I'm hoping I'm keeping it relevant. If not, my apologies goes to the Moderators.

I have owned a Yaris Blue 1.3 5 door (in 'Ice Blue' :eek: ) since March 2005

Decided on the Yaris as

1) brand loyal to Toyota

2) had a Corolla which ran OK, never let me down... but had to get rid of due to an "accident"

3) used my parents Starlet which has been very reliable

4) Jeremy Clarkson said the Yaris is his favourite small car (I think)

Decided on the Yaris Blue as basically it seemed it had the best value considering it had alloys and metallic paint and mats, and the chrome bits... oh and CD player with steering wheel controls...

Wanted 5 doors as oppsed to 3 doors. Even though 5 costs more than 3, and even though I knew I would probably be the only regular passenger in the car, having owned a 3 door Corolla in the past, it was very inconvenient when people you give lifts to have to crawl in undignifyingly. It would be alright if I was giving lifts to hot women wearing centrefold-esque short skirts and tight pink underwear, so I could stare at their hot booty as they crawl onto the back seat... but alas I mostly only ever give lifts to geeky blokes like myself who talk mostly in C++ and Java. So 5 doors it was, and another £500 I think...

Wanted a 1.3 as opposed to the 1.0 as I test drove a 1.0 and I felt there was no useful power. I would go for a T-Sport 1.5 but

1) can't afford it

2) can't afford the insurance!

I knew about the 3 choices of colour, but suspiciously the dealer only seemed to mention the 2 "standard colours" I decided on the Ice Blue anyway because I like the brighter colours rather the darker colours. Subsequently I feel slight regret in this decision as I now think it looks totally ridiculous.

Bought from a local dealer, my initial experience was a bit of a woeful one as afterwoods I felt a bit ripped off, after seeing some obviously cheaper ones on the Internet (from Autobytel and Broadspeed I think...) but the damage was already done... paid off for it completely now after something like 7 months on their "£1000 cashback scheme" which was a waste of time! Still trying to work out how much I exactly paid for it... somewhere in the region of £9000+ :confused:

Was delivered with about 8 miles on the clock (I think) and £10 of petrol apparently. (the guage only shown 2 or 3 bars!) and a bunch of flowers in the boot.

Disappointingly for a new car some problems arose soon after.

On motorways I noticed when I was driving dead straight I had to hold the wheel slightly as if to steer to the left. This really bugged the hell out of me as I like to hold the steering wheel with 2 hands directly opposite each other. Depending which mood I'm in either at 10-2, 9-3 or even 8-4 [best for using the audio controls!]. A visit to the dealer sorted that one out within about 30 mins wait.

Another problem was what I described as a "resonating buzzing noise". I noticed when I try accelerating in any gear, the engine would start to make a vibrating noise. Later I noticed from the rev counter that it would always occur at 2500 rpm. The noise would come in any gear, but most noticeable in 1st and 2nd, when road/tyre noise was less. When I reported this to the dealer, it was a known problem and they needed to put a new engine cover on it.

Maybe not a big thing, but worth noting, on drivers side, one of the windscreen washer jets was blocked. The dealer covered that under warranty, to my pleasant surprise. They said that they replaced the whole thing, rather than 'blow it out'. I didn't care what they did to it, as long as I got a working washer jet!

After about maybe 7000 miles of use, the clutch pedal became squeeky. Every gear change and every manoeuvre where I had to press the clutch pedal it would squeek. SQUEEK SQUEEK! It made me go completely nutty. Every gear change... SQUEEK! "Damn, I have to change gear again.... should I start driving in 3rd gear when I'm doing 45mph??!" One day I got a can of WD-40 and looked under the clutch pedal itself to see if that squeeked, but I could find nothing. I then assumed the noise to be coming out of the engine compartment somewhere. Another visit to the dealer sorted that out, after they had to do some kind of "modification on a cylinder" or something...

Another strange problem I had, although not yet reported, was during one very cold Mancunian morning, on the way to work, the CD player would just eject the disc out at random. Twice it did this. First time it happened I think I pushed the indicator stalk to signal right.... then the other time I turned up the heat dial.... :unsure: Hasn't happened since that very cold day.

Another problem I had was with the window seals on both front doors sort of 'peeling away' or being a bit warped. I noticed this maybe 1 or 2 months after owning the car, but every time forgotten to mention it on previous dealer visits. The window seals haven't leaked or anything, but I worried that it may get worse. Having said that, once the warping settled down it didn't change much, despite the summer weather and the recent winter spell. Nonetheless I decided I should get the dealer to look at it as it is under warranty, and they replaced them both this week.

As well as replacing the window seals, as i've now done 11,000 miles I did the intermediate service, and the cost was *looks at receipt* £96.73, and it came with a bottle of engine oil for "topping up" (that will go with the other bottle I got 'free' when I had my Corolla serviced, into the boot!)

A bit dissapointed really with all the little problems I've had with the car. The main thing I suppose is that it gets me to work and has NEVER let me down yet. But it's a new car, if it did let me down I would totally kick bottom. Maybe.

Welcome to TOC matey!

Kinda deserved a new thread of its own! ;)

You've not had the best luck have you? I know theres a thread somewhere re the squeeky clutch problem, maybe try and sort it out that way (there is a solution to it I believe!)

All cars have problems, its rare for a Yaris to have them... but the door seals are a well known issue.

I gave up trying to understand their finance schemes ages ago.... its like "heres a deposit, thanks for the car, bye!" but yeah, you can get them cheaper on the net.

Why do you not like the Ice Blue colour? I was gonna get that, but the waiting list was daft, so went for Carlo Blue instead and I dont regret it at all! :thumbsup:

Just out of interest - why go from a Corolla to a Yaris? We have both a Corolla and a Yaris in our house and the difference in spec and size (they're both T-Spirit too!) is noticeable - there's no way my other half would go from a Corolla to a Yaris!

But anyway, sorry about all the problems, but they are good, reliable cars at the end of the day, and thats all that matters....