Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Yaris Blue

Blue84

Sorry to hear about your problems, but there's always going to be the odd few cars that have problems and unfortunatly it sounds like you own one of them.

It's good to hear that you have been getting your problems fixed under warranty, so you must be going to a good dealership + I didn't get any flowers ..... although mine wasn't new!

Welcome to club TOC :thumbsup: !

Thanks for the welcome Demonic Angel and ЪV€.

The squeeky clutch has been fixed under warranty. It felt lots better when I drove it away from the dealer. I remember thinking "woohoo they called out Rentokill to get rid of the rat in my car!"

About the colour, without wanting to sound homophobic, it just looks totally !Removed!! Where I live, I've seen a few Yaris Blues in Ice Blue driving the opposite way... and I've always thought.... should I or should I not flash my headlights at them? But when they get a bit closer I can see who is driving it, and they are always driven by middle aged women! "No better not flash them then" I think...

(oh in case you've unsure, I'm a bloke in my mid 20s *cough* )

I used to have Corolla which I think is an Mk7 model.... 1992 K reg 1.3 XLi. Got that 2nd hand (and incidently I think I got a bit ripped off on that one too :crybaby: ) but that ran OK, until an accident where somebody bumped the side and crumpled the panels a bit.... insurance wrote it off as it was only worth about 67pence (even though the Corolla would still drive)

(interestingly with that Corolla, I knew it could "still drive" because a few weeks later after insurance sent some scrappers to collect the car, I received a speeding ticket because I was apparently driving that car!)

Anyway I decided on a smaller car because it would save me petrol and it is easier to park. At most I managed 360 miles or something in my Corolla on a single tank. My Yaris I've managed something like over 400 miles on a single tank, and it's a smaller tank. And I can get into much smaller parking spaces, useful when you're driving around inner-city Manchester rather than have to use the NCP. 3 point turns are easier. Reversing is easier. I'm not a big car guy really. I don't have a family (yet). I don't even have a girlfriend ( :crybaby: ) and if I do really need to carry lots of stuff I can always fold the rear seats down.

Further to ЪV€'s comments, yes my dealer seems pretty good. Incidently it is RRG Bury (http://www.rrg-group.com/toyota/t7.asp). They ring me occasionally to find out how the car is going. Unfortunately I'm always out.

The flowers were nice.... but I would have preferred some more petrol in the tank!

sorry what happened then?

Then I joined TOC and dragged up an old thread......... :D :D ;)

Welcome to TOC MK :group-cuddles:

About the colour, without wanting to sound homophobic, it just looks totally !Removed!! Where I live, I've seen a few Yaris Blues in Ice Blue driving the opposite way... and I've always thought.... should I or should I not flash my headlights at them? But when they get a bit closer I can see who is driving it, and they are always driven by middle aged women! "No better not flash them then" I think...

(oh in case you've unsure, I'm a bloke in my mid 20s *cough* )

Anyway I decided on a smaller car because it would save me petrol and it is easier to park. At most I managed 360 miles or something in my Corolla on a single tank. My Yaris I've managed something like over 400 miles on a single tank, and it's a smaller tank.

It looks totally !Removed!?? I have to completely disagree with that! Me and Yves love it, so do my Family & Friends..I think it's a very nice colour for a car, probably more associated with girls than lads I agree but I wouldnt say it's a car that a man couldn't drive without people thinking he is !Removed!! Just a shame ours is more black instead of grey and it was only washed a week ago :!Removed!:

My Dad's driven our Yaris Blue & he has no problems with it but doesnt drive it a lot as he's not on my Fully Comp Insurance and it's a bit risky driving her with Third Party Only cover on his DOC. Me & Yves (Yvvan on here) have a Thunder Grey T-Sport and the Blue (which are both 3 doors - we have no need for 5 doors) so we have a big difference between the two. The most I've got is 380 miles out of a tank but I did have to use the accelerater very gently lol.

Shame to hear you've had all those problems, the things that are bugging me with our Blue are the windscreen wipers are horribly streaky - but I think that is more of a general Yaris problem as the T3 I previously had suffered from it too and there is a bit of a vibration going on now. I put it down to being in too high a gear when accelerating so when I drop it lower it doesnt do it. It's not major but you can hear it.

Our Blue has done 8000 miles now (just went over 8000 today) and I really can't fault it that much. Mr T also put the air-con in for free as promised too. Been on the M25 for around 30 miles or so today and the road noise doesnt seem to exist..my Dad's 03 Fiesta is incredibly noisy compared to the Yarii.

Jesus H chr*st.

I read that post of yours and I almost fell asleep.

Quit the whinging man. Oh no, call the police... his hands have slipped from the 10-2, or 9-3, or 8-4 or blah-de-blaaaaa...zzzzzzzzz. Big whoop, just take one hand off, rest the other on the window sill and chill the %$( out.

Also, you should be driving at 45mph in 2nd, never mind third... you said the 1.0 had a lack of power for you? Im guessing it'd !Removed! fly for you if you drove it right.

You whinged at the flowers and lack of petrol? You don't have much experience of the car buying world do you? Flowers is a rarity and petrol is like a siberian tigers !Removed!... very rare to get, and even rarer to get a fair bit of it.

To top all this off, you've whinged about window seals, squeeks, rattles... etc etc.... yet everytime the dealer has had no problems with you and just replaced everything... that's !Removed! good service... not many places offer that for squeeks and rattles... that's called wear & tear.

It's never broken down, it's dressed in a spangly colour and it's a brand new car... you're luckier than most... quit the damn whinging.

Oh, welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Jesus H chr*st.

I read that post of yours and I almost fell asleep.

Quit the whinging man. *snip*

*snip* Im guessing it'd !Removed! fly for you if you drove it right.

*snip* You don't have much experience of the car buying world do you? *snip*

To top all this off, you've whinged about window seals, squeeks, rattles... etc etc.... *snip* not many places offer that for squeeks and rattles... that's called wear & tear.

*snip* quit the damn whinging.

Oh, welcome to the club!  :thumbsup:

Hello Seveer Unaek. I thank you for your reply, but frankly I find your post offensive and undermining. I thought out of courtesy I would feed back into your forum what I got out of it. OK it's a bit late, but better late than never(?) After all, doesn't people on this forum want to know how another Toyota owner is getting on with their car?

If you have fell asleep then it's not my problem. I have had the car since March and I decided to cover all the points in a single post.

Yes I have been whinging in a way but is it so unfair to expect to buy a car from an experienced car manufacturer and expect it not to have window seals warping and a rev boom for a new car? If I gave the impression that the service from my dealer was not up to scratch, then I take all of it back. Although the problems I've experienced have been disappointing, the dealer have done their part of the bargin by fixing every problem I have reported to them. I cannot fault the service the dealer has given me.

As for the 1.0 and 1.3 argument, I do a lot of motorway driving, and as I'm sure you will appreciate, having the extra cc helps to get to motorway speed and in overtaking.

And yes I am the first person to admit I do not know anything about buying cars, or how the cars themselves work or anything like that. Which is why I look on Internet on forums such as this to find out more.

And as for your very last line in your post, whether it is a genuine welcome or not, I don't know. All I can see is sarcasm written all over it. As I have not met you or read your posts before, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and just put it down to your "posting style".

No sarcasm at all... just a welcome to the forums.

Forums are as you say for peoples opinions and my opinion was just that.

Sorry for the offense caused, and yes, that is sometimes my posting style... no need to hold tongues, honesty is the best policy.

Did anybody else notice the irony of my post? I was complaining about his whinging, yet all i did was whinge about his whinging? I need a vacation.

No sarcasm at all... just a welcome to the forums.

Forums are as you say for peoples opinions and my opinion was just that.

Sorry for the offense caused, and yes, that is sometimes my posting style... no need to hold tongues, honesty is the best policy.

Did anybody else notice the irony of my post? I was complaining about his whinging, yet all i did was whinge about his whinging? I need a vacation.

Its alright Gray, i got you! And a welcome as only you could provide it too! ;)

We're used to you matey! :thumbsup:

OK it's a bit late, but better late than never(?) After all, doesn't people on this forum want to know how another Toyota owner is getting on with their car?

Yes we do, I think it's good to find out about peoples experiences with them :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links