Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg?

tezza72uk

I have just changed air filter, plugs and oil and have noticed the MPG go from 45MPG to 42MPG. The plugs and air filter are Unipart, the oil is semi synthetic the same grade as I have used before. The previous plugs were NGK, I wondered if the plugs may be the reason. I would appreciate any comments.

You would probably have been getting a better spark from the NGK plugs.

Is the oil a different make?

Millers is highly recommended by alot of the board members, after I asked them last week.

Don't just buy cheap plugs - get some decent ones!

Depends on the oil you've used... plus, if you drained it first, and you've now ued crappy oil.... it won't be getting around your engine very well so economy will be effected.

Also, when did you cahnge them... yesterday? Day before... give it all time to settle in! It could be that your new sparks and filter are better than before, so are using more fuel in the burn... better performance, more fuel consumption... could be anything really...

3mpg is nothing... be happy you've got 42mpg! I get about 28mpg! (i drive properly!!!!!)

Denso Iridium plugs - about 20 squid a set and Millers - 25 I think ... and get a trd oil filter ... another 20.

Ok so its slightly more expensive than cheap stuff or toyota ... but come on its YOUR car!

£20!!!

That's dirt cheap!!!

It's about £28 to change the plugs on my motorcycle!

And those are NGK normal plugs!

3mpg is nothing... be happy you've got 42mpg! I get about 28mpg! (i drive properly!!!!!)

:o 28mpg. im on 33.8mpg and i have a t-sport and i thought that was low

I managed to get 300 miles to the tank in my 1.0ltr.

Pretty impressed, considering it's a 10mile journey to work in traffic - stop, start, stop, start...

I'm driving conservativly, with the odd burst of speed.

Trying to save money at present, so fuel is the first stop.

Isn't it more than a little difficult to compare mpgs unless over a long period of time? I know that if I reset my mpg computer, the reading for that day will be similar to the previous day's (and the next) assuming I'm on my usual run to work but there are so many different factors to consider.

I'd be happy with something in the same range as what I normally get. A good run with few stops for lights and junctions and the fuel comsumption is much better.

I managed to get 300 miles to the tank in my 1.0ltr.

Pretty impressed, considering it's a 10mile journey to work in traffic - stop, start, stop, start...

1.0 T3 MMT

352 Miles to the tankful.............and I do not hang about B)

Must be the MMT ......they said it was economical :thumbsup:

Economical?

I'm disappointed if I get much less than 500 miles to a full tank. Last weekend I did Inverness to Newcastle and back to Perth on a whopping £28 of diesel. Average speed of 54mph on the A9 and A68 so I really hadn't been wasting much time ;) Had I held out I could have made it back to Inverness (a mere 528 mile round trip).

Just about to work out my consumption over the last few tankfuls so I'll let you know what the average is tomorrow night ;)

A

28mpg comes from the following....

I live 2.5miles outside centre of leeds, so 50% of my driving is in some form of traffic. The 50% where i get out on open road... i use the freedom!

The traffic filled roads are covered pretty quickly too! :D

I live 2.5miles outside centre of leeds, so 50% of my driving is in some form of traffic. The 50% where i get out on open road... i use the freedom!

The traffic filled roads are covered pretty quickly too!  :D

mate i live in the middle of manchester and liverpool slap bang in the middle of northwest motorway network so u can imagin how busy it is round here. and i have to get to bolton every mornin which is a mission. remind me not to get in a car with u :P

Right, just put some figures into the spreadsheet...

Outcome is an average of 54.73mpg since November and almost 5,000 miles. On each tank my average speed is between 45 and 55 miles per hour and I'm really not shy when it comes to putting my foot down away from roundabouts...

For those of you who know the roads, most of my mileage is on the A9 between Perth and Alness.

Not too bad a result ;)

A

The traffic filled roads are covered pretty quickly too!  :D

mate i live in the middle of manchester and liverpool slap bang in the middle of northwest motorway network so u can imagin how busy it is round here. and i have to get to bolton every mornin which is a mission. remind me not to get in a car with u :P

i wish i got 28mpg :P

remind me not to get in a car with u :P

Nope, i won't... it's fun coming in a car with me... you see the world from a whole new perspective, a sort of blurry one! :thumbsup:

Nope, i won't... it's fun coming in a car with me... you see the world from a whole new perspective, a sort of blurry one! :thumbsup:

Your whole life flashing before you?? ;)

Update.

Manage to get ONLY 300 miles from the last tank! :D

Went to see a mate Mondya nite in London.

Got from West Drayton to home, along the M4, M25, M40 in just under an hour.

Lol....

Didn't know 1.0ltrs could go that fast!

I used to get 350 miles per tank in my 1.0L T3, not quite sure how many I'll get with this Blue 1.3 - I filled her up today and know how many miles I've done today (approx 22 since filling up) so will see what I get :)

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions ranging from crap oil to 28 MPG! I decided to change my Unipart plugs for NGK, and after two weeks of driving the average MPG has come up to 46 MPG. Jap plugs are obviously the best for Jap cars!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links