Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Light

mrrandom

was driving tonight, had lights on as it was dark and driving up the road, and a green light came on on th dash, it looks like two lights back to back and have beems of light coming out of them?

when i turn the lights out it goes off, is this just an informatiopn light letting you know that the lights are on?? ive never seen it before? perhaps i have had a loose wire or something and its only come active recently?

think thats just letting you know the lights are on fella, like you say, may have had a loose connection, green is information as opposed to warning-

2 green lights back to back with little rays coming out of them are your normal lights....should be on every time you flick your beams on.

Yep, t'is your lights - its so you dont forget they're on...

although you can't really as it goes ding ding ding if you open the door and they are still on..... :thumbsup:

as above... you have lights!

You will also have a light come on the dash for main beam, front fogs (factory fitted ones) and rear fogs

And your speedo display will dim......just another clue that your lights are on ;)

although you can't really as it goes ding ding ding if you open the door and they are still on.....  :thumbsup:

Ding ding ding? Mine goes beeeeee ..... in a high pitch squeal .. not nice, but good way of getting attention though! :thumbsup:

although you can't really as it goes ding ding ding if you open the door and they are still on.....  :thumbsup:

Ding ding ding? Mine goes beeeeee ..... in a high pitch squeal .. not nice, but good way of getting attention though! :thumbsup:

I must admit that when I walk past a parked car with lights still on (usually a Vauxhall for some reason) I smile to myself and think "what a prat".....yes I know Im ignorant/evil/childish etc.....but you NEVER see a Yaris driver displaying that sort of idiotic behaviour do you?

I must admit that when I walk past a parked car with lights still on (usually a Vauxhall for some reason) I smile to myself and think "what a prat".....yes I know Im ignorant/evil/childish etc.....but you NEVER see a Yaris driver displaying that sort of idiotic behaviour do you?

U'll never c mine parked with the lights on coz it squeels @ me as soon as I open the door, its not the nicest noise but all warnin sounds shud b like that, sumthin that u subconsiously wanna avoid hearin so u learn quicker

lol my dads bmw plays nice pleasant music whenever u have left the lights on lol, he always forgets cause the warniong light sucks

Umm... No, I've never left the light on all day despite the squealing :ph34r:

I'm glad i have the warning squeal on mine as I nearly left the sidelights on this morning..now that wouldn't have been good! :angry:

To be honest, theres not many (if any) newer cars that don't give some kind of audible warning if you leave the lights on, unless they turn off with the ignition.

I've heard you are technically supposed to leave your sidelights on when parking at the side of a busy road? Sidelights don't use that much power when compared to the dipped headlights...

does the t-sport dash display an symbol on the dash when the lights are on? i only get one (blue one) for full beam and one for front fogs (green)

does the t-sport dash display an symbol on the dash when the lights are on? i only get one (blue one) for full beam and one for front fogs (green)

There's no warning light for sidelights...just dipped lights and full beam.

and yes you should park with sidelights on or parking lights if fitted if parked on the wrong side of the road facing on coming traffic...as you don't have reflectors on the front..

My little sis ran into a parked car one night as she simply didn't see it ...as it was facing the wrong way...the owner/owners insurer of the parked car had to cough up the dosh, and also got charged for dangerous parking.... result!

Vipes

oh no there isn't.... well not on the TS anyway.... didn't check the other model...always helps. :-)

Edit...aye that was a TS too. bit daft realy as with sidelights...well you don't know they are on really...as it's usually that dark outside...or in...but with dipped lights you get a little warning light...well thnaks guys..since the road ahead of me is now lit up..that little light really does help remind me they are on

Vipes

I can confirm that a phase 2 T Sport DOES have a green light on the dash to show you that the side lights AND headlights are on! :thumbsup:

well i have no lights for side lights or main beam, only full beam and fogs!! gutted! must be a bulb? 02 plate phase 1

My Phase 1 1.3 (1999) has that lovely little green light to say headlights are on ;) :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links