Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 0-60

admanirv

Hello guys and gals,

AS i have only had my t sport 2 months odd, just wondering what 0-60 times people are getting.

I read on parkers the standard is 8.7, im just considering what mods to get, whihc people have been helpful so far , thanks.

Not that i promote racing of any sort, my mate has a non modded polo gti 1.6, im certain with a few mods ill be able to give him a good run for his money, at least keep up with him a few mods.

Im looking at the de-cat route, and apexi air filter relocated to headlamp and cold air field from arch (as kimi has done).

Its fun seeing what i can get out of the t sport and an car with insurance group of 7, i think its great what toyota have done with this engine.

regards

i have a 1.3 GLS and im getting 0-60 in rougly 10.5 seconds if thats any help

Sounds about right mate, i ahve a t sport just wondering what my potential is

Offically TS is 9.0sec dead. But it vaies from place to place. I guess your still standard? Time your 0-60 in the standard TS. Get someone else to time you ideally.

im getting about 8.5 from mine..

fujitsubo back box, apexi intake and some good gear changes :P

If you are after good acceleration get a lightened flywheel, could take half a second off! :yes::thumbsup:

Offically TS is 9.0sec dead. But it vaies from place to place. I guess your still standard? Time your 0-60 in the standard TS. Get someone else to time you ideally.

9 secs is 0-100 kph (62 mph)

barry how is 1.3 figures helpfull???? :P

i get 8.23 and thats from mounting a camera in the speedo bubble as stopclocks can be very inaccurate.

i get 8.23 and thats from mounting a camera in the speedo bubble as stopclocks can be very inaccurate.

still not accurate. when my speedo says 60 my gps says 55. i'm not saying the gps is accurate, but neither is the speedo. i think 8.5-9 is probably wot eveyone will get with just induction kits and back boxes.

BTW

The Polo GTi is like .3 or .4 seconds quicker to 60 and if his car can do 60 in second then there's probably nothing in it. You should already be able to quite happily keep up with him.

still not accurate. when my speedo says 60 my gps says 55. i'm not saying the gps is accurate, but neither is the speedo.

GPS by design is very accurate (refresh rate of once per second) and allways more accurate than your speedo

1 refresh per second? hows that very accurate, me and my cousin have both had our HP's running TT3 in the same car and theres has been a difference of 2-4 mph variying between the two computers.

I would have thought a refresh of 0.1sec or so would be more realistic, depends what GPS system you have.

I would have thought a refresh of 0.1sec or so would be more realistic, depends what GPS system you have.

Accuracy of gpd system is around 10metres so theres bound to be some inaccuracys thats even if you have the minumum number of satalites points available, as opposed to dgps.

Accuracy of gpd system is around 10metres so theres bound to be some inaccuracys thats even if you have the minumum number of satalites points available, as opposed to dgps.

and the reason for this is children??????

to avoid pinpointing the location of GPS satalites (belonging to US) and disabling them using balistic missiles. a good idea really.

and the reason for this is children??????

to avoid pinpointing the location of GPS satalites (belonging to US) and disabling them using balistic missiles. a good idea really.

I know in the us due to gps dev, that you cant use gps without a license strictly because of the reading, they ddint want citzens been able to use so they could mess about , and therefore possibly acces military use of gps for missiles etc. iTS change now of course

If you are after good acceleration get a lightened flywheel, could take half a second off! :yes:  :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that a lightened fly wheel reduced bottom end torque but gave you a better top end, top speed etc!

maybe wrong?

CB :thumbsup:

If you are after good acceleration get a lightened flywheel, could take half a second off! :yes:  :thumbsup:

I was under the impression that a lightened fly wheel reduced bottom end torque but gave you a better top end, top speed etc!

maybe wrong?

CB :thumbsup:

i think your right not 100% sure, plus i think you slow down going up hills with that?

It does do something to the lower end of the acceleration process. Its not just a "speed me up" device it has its pros and cons.

I think a lightened flywheel allows your engine to rev quicker therefore increasing performance but it also lets your revs drop quicker too if you don't keep the foot down, so in reality it should improve acceleration! :thumbsup:

OH TECH BIT!

SOME ONE GO ON GRANTURISMO AND FIND OUT!!!

I'll be on Gran Turismo 4 in about an hour thanks to the wonders of 24hr opening Asda!

From my head, a lightened flywheel will only be properly usefull on car's pushing high levels of power, say a Yaris pushing 160bhp+ as it increases the reving ability. In real world performance, there's no point unless you're running a forced induction car with very high power as it will actually slow you down unless you're above 4000rpm all the time.

Just for the record, my 1.3's 0-60mph is 9.8sec! With inaccuracies, i take that as 10.2sec.

So it is out 2mo Keanu! :D

Guess who'll be missing some uni deadlines then! :rolleyes:

So it is out 2mo Keanu! :D

Guess who'll be missing some uni deadlines then! :rolleyes:

Already missed them due to playing Mercenaries! No, i got my work in, just gotta get my results! And yeah, it's out 2mo, well, 10mins really. Apparantly, some parts of the country aren't releasing it until the 11th (friday) to build up more want for it! I hope my asda int doing that!

Well well, I have a 24 hour ASDA 10 mins away from me! Might need to go and investigate! :thumbsup:

Screw it, im off! Might be back on in 30mins to tell you im lapping the nurburgring in a Yaris RS! stylee!!!