Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hoping For Some Help

alucard

hi im wondering if anyone can help me im looking to get a toyota hilux

i was wondering if anyone knows how to get one cheap

i have always loved them and i want to get an old one so i can restore it to full beuitifull condition i dont care what condition its in as long as it runs and drives

i am not a trader or anything like that im just looking to get one as a hobby for myself to completly restore

any advice would be greatly appreichiated

i am willing to travel anywhere in uk for one

Edited by alucard

Hi mate and welcome to TOC

What sort of Hilux are you after

The pick up

Or the Surf (which is like a Land Cruiser)

But the best place to really look is the classified ads or something like auto trader on line (thats were i found my Surf)

As for getting one cheap that my be a bit optomistic as they seem to hold there value rather well like most Toyotas.

Steve

Ok mate

I wish you all the best in your hobby and Hilux's are a good choice of vehicle to get anything stronger you would have to get a tank.

Probably it might be worth looking in some agacultural mags as a lot of famers like the pick ups.

If you need anymore help advice im normally about on here and if i see any posts on Hilux's my eyes light up.

I love em

I'm all for hi-lux's as well dude ..

But the main problem you have to watch out for on the pickups will be suspension as most of them have been or are still being used for labouring work at building sites etc .. a lot of weight has gone on and come off the back wheels over a period of time so worth having a good look over them.

Also the problem with these ones is that they all have high mileage, generally its not an issue, but if it hasn't been looked after it can cause problems ..

Other than that really, keep an eye out for any of the usual rust issues, and give the engine a good look. Which pickup are you going for? the 2.5 4wd?

Best trying autotrader as you can pick them up cheaply on there.

I'll hopefully be getting the pickup soon and slamming it to a car's height :)

hi thanks for the tips

cant wait untill i get one i can see it already

i will check the mags as i didnt think of farmers mag ty

i will let you know how i go

thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links