Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Fuel Gage

dannyb999

other day on way back to my flat, petrol station was shut so risked goin back with 1 bar petrol. just as i got to the tunnel, the bar actually dissapeared completely, and it was 5 miles till nearest petrol station!! i didnt realise that the pertrol guage actually went to 0 bars, as the petrol light comes on with 1 bar! anyway, i put a fiver petrol in (all i had on me!!) and the bar didnt even go up a notch, so i still had to drive 2 miles with no bars on the petrol guage! scary!!

I have never seen mine go to 0 bars. When I put £4.50 :rolleyes: in once from a while driving on 1 bar it went up to 2.

think i was running mine on fumes LOL! not good but didnt have much choice! :P

I think you have about 20 miles left when it gets that low.....usually enough to find a petrol station.

I know I dont have a T-Sport, but a Yaris is a Yaris! :P

When mine flashes I have a tendancy to panic as I've been caught out before in Coventry when I got stranded and ran out of petrol - boyfriend had to rescue me!

I try and not let it flash if I can now - although apparently I heard that when it does you still have 30-40 miles left in the tank anyway.....

Never seen it go to 0 bars though! Perhaps its a T-Sport thing??

On saturday I had my T3 gauge down to the last bar flashing, and the range said 2 miles left when I got to the dealership..but I am also reliably informed that there is about 30/40 miles left at that point in the cars reserve..so it's prob the same for yours?

hats off to DA for realising he was asking about TS guages...... robbie..... 2k4 they have completely different guages that have a mind of there own.

dan........ dont let it get bellow half mate. then you'll have no probs ;)

hats off to DA for realising he was asking about TS guages...... robbie..... 2k4 they have completely different guages that have a mind of there own.

I beg your pardon Earpl :ph34r:

It was !Removed! late....

had it down to one bar with light on couple times, never experienced 0 bars, pointed out via danny

gen dont like to let her drop too low, cant be all tha good for the car

I've had it down to one bar and the yellow petrol pump symbol coming up, but I'm sure it's designed with some reserve.

yea somthing like 30 od miles left still i believe, basically enough to get to a petrol station

Dosent the light flash at 1 gallon left, so in that case you can get 45 miles out of it :P

Erm... I once had #2 conk out on me going round a corner as there was so little diesel in the tank that the cornering pushed it all to the one side. The bottom bar was still flashing so beware, there is no running on no bars - at least in the non-T-Sports.

Naturally this happened on one of the hights where I'd left my mobile at home and was about 2 miles from the nearest petrol station. Thankfully after a bit of cursing, swearing and turning over the engine it started and I cruised to the petrol staion on fumes! Haven't made that mistake again :lol:

Must get round to working out my mpgs at some point...

A

im rite in thinking zero bars is when the light comes on in the TS, ive had mine splutter so i chucked it in 5th an drove at 1k :P

im rite in thinking zero bars is when the light comes on in the TS, ive had mine splutter so i chucked it in 5th an drove at 1k :P

I would have thought that this would have mad eit use more petrol?as it would be struggling!!

Ive never had no bars but it flashes practicaly every day as im a tight ****!

CB :thumbsup:

no the light on the t-sport comes on with one bar. i then drove quite a few miles with the light on, then the last bar dissapeared and i got about 4 or 5 miles out of it. just about enuf to get me to a petrol station i suspect. but i was mortified when i put a fiver of juice in and the bar's were still at 0 (zero)!!

Hate to be an old w***er but you know there is a lot of sh*t in the bottom of your tank. Not good to run low. I have only had it flash twice. Once on way back from devon on motorway and in jam and only few miles to go and once when first learning and petrol station closed so needed to carry on till found another. Never again. I know never let go below two bars before fill notmally when just under half.

My Blue is now done to the last bar flashing (phase 2 digi gauge) and approx 7 miles left on the range..me thinks I will be going to BP 1st thing tomorrow morning!! :yes:

Done the flashing light once - panicked and never let it go below say three bars now. Dont want crap dragged up from the bottom of the tank

well i didnt exactly have much choice, as the petrol station i normally goto on way back to my flat was shut, so i had to carry on driving. then realised i'd only got a fiver on me when i got the the petrol station! can tell im a student cant u? lol

Do the phase 2 tell you the range you have left on the fuel left then?

That is so cool. Probably not amazingly accurate but COOL.

Yes it sure does - you have to press the trip button next to the radio screen, it's not amazingly accurate but it's still a handy thing to have. It's a phase 2 thing only..phase 1's dont have it.

hats off to DA for realising he was asking about TS guages

Well..... I'm as sharp as a blunt knife when it comes to these things..... :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links