Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De-cat Or High-flow Cat?

vladrulli

hmm... nobody has answered my question... :)

should I use 2.5" or 2" piping?

im taking mine off too, thats loads of older cars that chuck out loads more crap than a de cat'd yaris

Well in that case that’s alright then... kermit_big.jpg

These older cars are slowly but surly being weaned of the roads due to stricter MOT standards

:thumbsup:

im taking mine off too, thats loads of older cars that chuck out loads more crap than a de cat'd yaris

Well in that case that’s alright then... kermit_big.jpg

These older cars are slowly but surly being weaned of the roads due to stricter MOT standards

go complain to the americans about there big v8's, i couldnt care less theres too many other countrys killing off the world if we stop polution we wont get away from it

go complain to the americans about there big v8's, i couldnt care less theres too many other countrys killing off the world if we stop polution we wont get away from it

What a nice person you are...

I hope your children thank you for your caring attitude :crybaby:

I dont see the point, too much effort, too much worry driving around without one.

1. Potential Points on Licence

2. Potential Fines

3. Lower MPG

4. Got to pop it back in for MOT

When at the end of the day your not getting that much back from it. Why not just get a 8/9 Volume exhaust from Powerflow it will sound louder and you will still be legal.

It just sounds louder, but their are safer ways around doing it. Safer... LEGAL means.

yep be alright in my lifetime...... :thumbsup:

2.5"  make sure youve got sum good backpressurre with the back box  tho

hmm... what? :wacko:

I don't understand... should I run 2.5" pipes and then have a tight backbox to create backpressure?

the backbox I plan on using has a 2.5" inlet and is pretty open... do you mean I should use a narrower backbox or what? :huh:

I thought the less backpressure the better... is that wrong?

NA engines need back pressure. Turbos don't they just want to force as much air in and get it exhaust out. Big pipes are for turbos.

exactly sim, and reece im saying that no matter wot car i drve electric or wot the yanks will stil drive v8 tanks an till off the atmosphere

NA engines need back pressure. Turbos don't they just want to force as much air in and get it exhaust out. Big pipes are for turbos.

Yup thats spot on .. the main mistake ppl do is have big pipes that go straight out with minimised bends etc. This will totally kill off any torque that your car may have. Not good :(

Also i think you should go with a good sport-cat .. as i cant see the difference of a sport cat and de-cat being that much difference. And i for one hate following stinky cars that produce too much fumes .. hence i'd go sport-cat! :thumbsup:

If you are going to de-cat your car and make it illegal make sure you don’t:

A; Advertise it on the internet...

B; Put a photograph of your car on line with your registration number...

C; Tell everyone where you live in your avatar...

:lol:

Saying guys looking at the powerflow website, your best just going with a complete exhaust system from powerflow and leaving the cat on. the poweflow performs join first compared to other systems with the cat took off!, i for one am not interested in sound just performance.

though the test were on a saxo vts, oh dear thats the 1.6v version

heres the link (independent tests)

http://www.powerflow.uk.com/test.html

Saying guys looking at the powerflow website, your best just going with a complete exhaust system from powerflow and leaving the cat on. the poweflow performs join first compared to other systems with the cat took off!, i for one am not interested in sound just performance.

Sorry doh!, what i meant to say is the powerful performs joint first with the cat left on as opposed to other with the cat took off :thumbsup:

Sorry doh!, what i meant to say is the powerful performs joint first with the cat left on as opposed to other with the cat took off :thumbsup:

any one got anymnore info on this, did anyone check it out?