Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Electrics

dicey2k

Hi All

Just a quick question. Has anyone had any problems on the Yaris (Particularly noticeable when driving at night or with lights on) where the radio will go off for a fraction of a second, and the headlights and LCD dash display will flick off at the same time and then instantly come back on - If you blinked you would miss it, had it not been for the radio having to power back up again i would never have noticed it!

It seems to be at various speeds, RPM's and can be brought on by flicking on the full beam, indicators or even braking hard, but it is impossible to replicate because it is so random. It also did it when changing lanes on the motorway and does it on the way to work during the day occasionally, but not as often as when more electrical stuff is on!

I have disconnected my sub and it still does it, i have also had this problem with the stock radio - but i thought it was my driving as i wasn't used to the car (As it seems as if it was about to stall electrics wise but didn't quite power down.

Any ideas people? Think it might be a Mr T warranty job?

Hi All

Just a quick question.  Has anyone had any problems on the Yaris (Particularly noticeable when driving at night or with lights on) where the radio will go off for a fraction of a second, and the headlights and LCD dash display will flick off at the same time and then instantly come back on - If you blinked you would miss it, had it not been for the radio having to power back up again i would never have noticed it!

It seems to be at various speeds, RPM's and can be brought on by flicking on the full beam, indicators or even braking hard, but it is impossible to replicate because it is so random.  It also did it when changing lanes on the motorway and does it on the way to work during the day occasionally, but not as often as when more electrical stuff is on!

I have disconnected my sub and it still does it, i have also had this problem with the stock radio - but i thought it was my driving as i wasn't used to the car (As it seems as if it was about to stall electrics wise but didn't quite power down.

Any ideas people? Think it might be a Mr T warranty job?

Battery might be on its way out.. Take it to Toyota mate!

Cheers Matt - At least someone replied :lol:

I'll speak to Mr T tomorrow!

it will be a warranty job!

Sorry rob, i assumed you were under a year warranty, if not, go to the local garage lol!

Speak to Mr T about it, but surely they'll charge a fortune to sort it.....

It is under warranty for a year!!!! You really think i would pay Mr T prices!!! I'm an educated man, don't you know!

Could be something as simple as a bad ground?

Maybe, here's hoping, Mr T's Problem now

Booked into Mr. T for when i get back from holiday, i'll keep you all posted. They have agreed to come and collect the car from work and drop it back off when they have inspected it, which is nice of them!

Reap the rewards of 12 months Toyota warranty - Just watch them not be able to replicate the fault!!!

check if the car is earthed correctly, i had a similar problem and abit of paint got into the earth.