Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodridge Brakeline Kit

Yaris-Nut

Alright everyone! Just got the Goodridge steel braided lines fitted today. Havent really tested them out properly yet, although the car does seem to stop a bit better when braking hard. Not sure if thats just psychological though, but will test it out a bit later.

Word of warning for people thinking of getting this kit for the Yaris ... the rear hoses dont fit non T-Sport's. :(

As i've been told the ones included on the kit are for fitting disc brakes (T-Sport) and not drum brakes. But the front ones fit fine though .. and i've spoken to Kevin about them and he's going to sort it out.

Top bloke! :thumbsup:

Any difference over standard?

Was gonna fone the lads at HEL to see what they can whip up.

they make a huge difference i've got them on mine.

yaris-nut when you've got the back sorted you'll see the difference,

the back ones being standard will still be ballooning.

What I found was that the actual braking wasnt hugley improved, but its the 'fade' or spongey peddle thing that happens after a hard brake that gets better.

Other thing to note is that when they're fitted they need bled really well - the actual diameter of the hose is a lot smaller than the standard crap rubber ones, therefore more bleeding pressure is required for a nice stiff peddle.

they make a huge difference i've got them on mine.

yaris-nut when you've got the back sorted you'll see the difference,

the back ones being standard will still be ballooning.

Well i was told by the guy at the garage that the rear ones wont make much difference anyway, as drums dont get as hot as the discs. And also most of the braking is at the front wheels so it doesnt make too much difference. Not sure if thats true though .. just took their word for it.

Gnome: .. i'm not sure if they're any difference to standards on a non-TS as i need to give them a thorough testing first! That should be fun .. hehe.

Ok .. i've had a chance to test them a wee bit in the dry and the wet :D . And i have to say, i am fairly impressed with them!

Sponginess in hard braking seems to be gone, and when the abs kicks in there is no feeling of the brake pedal giving way with a massive chattering sound. Instead the abs is more like a fine grinding sound with the brake pedal feeling alot more solid aswell!

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Now .. just need to wait for Kevin to develop the rear ones for my car and then i'm sorted! :rolleyes: B)

You could goto Goodridge, HEL, etc for car brakeline kits.

If you're down Devon way, and pop into HEL, they usually do good deals with cash payments.

www.h-e-l.co.uk