Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tinting Windows

h2s

I would like to tint my Vitz. When I imported mine, it came with silver tinting at the back, from the factory. Now i would like to tint the back side windows to very dark black, and the front ones to a much lighter black as its illegal.

Now my question is will it look ugly with the back side windows tinted to very dark and the front ones to a lighter black? :blink:

And also, will it be ok with the silver back window or should i change that to a dark black as well?

Or make everything silver? :angry:

got good price at a friends of mine, 70 sterling for all 5 windows dont wanna lose offer, but am just confused.

If anyone has pics it will help alot. BTW car is thunder grey

silver tints can look really nice all round and a bit different if the right kinda silver to go with the thunder grey. they are alot harder to see into the car and can be quite light tints too. light black windows will be easier to see into as well as light from inside, and also is probably safer. dark black is very dark, hard to see into, looks like black paint on windows, and personally not a huge fan of them. they tend to look cheap, and not as professional. stick to one type of tint tho, dont ahve silver and black tints.

I have a medium smoke all round my car. not too easy to see into, nice and light from inside and looks good as its all matching. if you cant get medium all round u could try lights on front, mediaum on back 3, but would probably look better lighter all round. remeber the back ones always look darker anyway, as the windscreen lets in alot of light at the front of the car..

heres a pic of my tints in daylight, hard to see into as the light reflects off the glass..

side.jpg

back-to-back.jpg

PS. the clio is dark smoke, mine is medium..

I personally have medium smoke in the back three, and light in the front too, if you like me and dont want to have a gangster look, where no ******* can see you then dark smoke all round,

though in the uk, its actually now illegal to ahve the front tinted at all, even though i have mine light, it just look plain odd dark smoke then nothing in front.

i have a thunder grey t sport, you less likley to attract attention with medium/light, though suppose it depends where you live, i have had a few people say it look very tasteful the tints i have chose, but be warned get a good job done on the tints coz you'll regret it if they **** up, 2 hour job each windo to take all traces off.

I piad £150 and it was one of the best tinting josb ive seen i was very happy

I like your tints danny. Might as well do them medium smoke all round. Hope they look nice on a thunder grey.

ANyone else has other pics of tints on a TG yaris? Would like to see how silver looks

oi danny!!!! i want medium smoke all around on the fiesta! whats it like on a nightime? as in looking out, any problems?

in some lighting u can see into car easily, at night or bright lights reflectin on the car u cant see in easily at all. just a outline maybe at most. seein out in day time is just perfect. and at night its fne. only time its difficult is on motorways and roads without street lighting. only time really. medium i feel is best comprmise. dark smoke u cant see anythin at all at night!

only time its difficult is on motorways and roads without street lighting.

Oh I don't think I'd like that idea! :unsure::ph34r::unsure:

I think dark smoke (20% light transmission) would work fine. Light smoke is 35% and limo is only 5%.

whats medium smoke then? 25%?

i work the other way round! i work how dark it is

limo black - 95%

dark smoke - 75%

medium smoke - 50%

light smoke - 25%

i work the other way round! i work how dark it is

limo black - 95%

dark smoke - 75%

medium smoke - 50%

light smoke - 25%

The proffesional tinting businesses describe the % as the % of visible light passing through the tint. So, limo black would be 5%.

You used to be allowed 70% on windows in front of b-pillars, but nothing now.

couldnt care anymore lol! im getting medium smoke on back end at first, see what its like on a night, then decide if i want it on the front

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links