Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chavs Cant Drive

stevetubbyturbo

This eveing i decieded to take my Surf out for a drive just for the hell of it and drove up to the coast (which is only 35 miles away).

I get there and i get myself a coke in a pub and just relax for a while before i head for home.

On the way home im really thinking life is good you can imagine it out on the road car is running perfectly, music coming out of the stereo (not too loud just so can still hear the engine) basicly im feeling ive died and gone to heaven.

But some little :censor: was soon to wreck it for me.

Im doing about 55-60 mph and couple chavs in a red Corsa (you know the sort, the ones who are almost leaning over the steering wheel nose on the windscreen) are now sitting on my backside if they got any closer they could drive the car up my exhaust pipe and there like this for a few miles.

Then they are trying to get past me noseing out to the right and then flying back in as a vehicle is coming the other way.

We come to a roundabout im in the left lane hes in the right i think hes going to turn right but hes got other ideas i go and he wheel spins and keeps spining and i get to the other side before he does and again hes right up my backside waving his fists in total fustration.

We come to the next roundabout and hes in the right lane im in the left and he goes for it and gets past me by a few inchs and then cuts in front of me and loses it i slam on my brakes whilst hes sliding all over the road and it looks like were going to hit when i can see there is no traffic on the other side of the road and im off the brakes on the accelerator and turn sharply to the right and manage to just miss the Corsa and get past him.

Never been so damm scared in my life all because of some little selfish :censor: who wants to look cool with his mates. I now really stressed out and only just stop shakeing.

Sorry for the length of this post but thought id share my experiance with you all and say Chavs cant drive. (only my opinion)

well i'd reckon it is hard to drive with your nose up in the windscreen and steering wheel in your stomach! PLONKERS! selfish *****s who lacks respect for other peoples lives and the lives of his friends in his car!

Makes me so mad :censor: i see careless people almost every day out in the traffic, i can't believe they can be so selfish as to risk other peoples lives!

Yes, as soon as people start showing off behind the wheel, it's only a matter of time before things get out of hand and then an 'accident' is inevitable.

If they want to act that daft, there are places they can do it. The road isn't that place.

Hope your nerves have calmed down now.

Greatest sympathy Steve. I bet those prats were uninsured as well so if they hit you ....

Just the sort of idiot behaviour speed cameras don't catch. :ffs:

Makes you wish you were driving an old banger.. i would have hit them.

Yes, as soon as people start showing off behind the wheel, it's only a matter of time before things get out of hand and then an 'accident' is inevitable.

If they want to act that daft, there are places they can do it. The road isn't that place.

Hope your nerves have calmed down now.

Thanks mate im calm now but i was scared for myself and my Surf.

God only knows how i escaped that one probably more luck than judgement.

sounds like you had a lucky escape! that incident would have annoyed for a long time.

i also hate chavs, just had to wait in the mc donalds car park while our drive through order was being made, i had all the chavs in novas checking my car out and then wheelspinning off thinking they were impressing me or maybe they wanted to show the power of a 1.1 engine? either way it was annoying (and the burger was crap and the milkshake machine had broke!)

It's not just Chavs who drive like that, round where I live you find the Company Rep in his Repmobil ...usually a base model BMW or Vauxhall Vectra drives in much the same way (complete with Mobil phone permanently on his ear)

Sorry to hear that man, but look on the bright side. The more they drive like muppets and the more they try to impress their friend the sooner they will have a nice big painful prang :D :lol:

I'm very sorry to hear that Steve - sounds like you had a nasty experience.

Defensive driving - sorry to sound boring, but sometimes it's just best to let these idiots go in front when/if possible and let them get on with it. Unfortunately people like that will never learn from their mistakes until it's too late. If they get away with it they'll just see it as a laugh, regardless of the consequences for other road users.

i had one driving up my **** with the fog lights on once he wouldn't swithch them off untill to my girlfriend supprise i grabbed the bottle of dr pepper what she was just about to open and proceaded to bounce it off the chav *****s windscreen. stupid yes but at least i didnt force him to stop and kick the crap out of him. it has been know.

so - you threw a bottle at a moving car?

Defensive driving - sorry to sound boring, but sometimes it's just best to let these idiots go in front when/if possible and let them get on with it. Unfortunately people like that will never learn from their mistakes until it's too late. If they get away with it they'll just see it as a laugh, regardless of the consequences for other road users.

Most of the time i do drive defensive but in this instance there was no real way of letting him passed me as there was no real safe place to do it on the road i was on.

Its just one of those things i really do consider myself rather lucky, ive been driving for 13 years and never been involved in a major accident as i know of people on here and outside who have been and it cant be nice.

Im just thankful only my nerve was damaged but if you spend a lot of time on the road you are going to meet idiots.

Thanks for all your surport

Steve

couple chavs in a red Corsa (you know the sort, the ones who are almost leaning over the steering wheel nose on the windscreen)

I know what you mean... I was in my bro's 206 GTi Diesel last week and we had a corsa c**k trying to enter the boot (again). To cut a long story short some kids ran out into the road after a ball, so my bro had to do an emergency stop. Luckily the kids where ok and corsa managed to stop without hitting us but there was a lot of tyre smoke coming from the corsa. Then to top it off he tried to over take us... when will they learn...

this is all true as i was just driving to a m8s yesturday wen a red saxo came up behind me and was right up my ****. i wasnt havin n e of it so i slowed right down to 15 mph almost instantly which s*** him up lol. but then he drove past me sticking his fingers up at me, while just narrowingly missin the oncoming traffic car in the process. but then n e way once he is in front he decides to do the same as me by going 15 mph so i just went to over take him, but made sure was safe, but then he swerves al over the place just to stop me, any way he then turns into a pub going about 40 miles an hour when little kids can be walking across at any time as it was a family pub with a play area outside.

just thought i would share it, really f**** your day up

Most of the time i do drive defensive but in this instance there was no real way of letting him passed me as there was no real safe place to do it on the road i was on.

Its just one of those things i really do consider myself rather lucky, ive been driving for 13 years and never been involved in a major accident as i know of people on here and outside who have been and it cant be nice.

Im just thankful only my nerve was damaged but if you spend a lot of time on the road you are going to meet idiots.

Thanks for all your surport

Steve

Sorry Steve, I meant that as a general comment for readers - from your post I could tell there wasn't a safe way to let them past :thumbsup:

I think I was tempting fate with this reply as I almost had a nasty incident with an idiot in an Audi A4 on the way home from work. He decided to overtake a car on a residential road with speed bumps... right into on-coming traffic doing about 40mph. Needless to say the car in front had to slam on the anchors but luckily I'd left enough breaking distance and had enough time to sound the horn and erm 'gesture'. Stupid Neds. :angry:

Can't beat the comfort that a rear tow ball can give. Seems to keep the tailgaters at bay.

Little tip though...If you're gettting tailgated, put your foglight switch on, then turn the lights on. The back of your car suddenly lights up red (as if you're braking ) causing the tailgater to think more of the colour Brown ! Works every time.

Sorry Steve, I meant that as a general comment for readers - from your post I could tell there wasn't a safe way to let them past :thumbsup:

I think I was tempting fate with this reply as I almost had a nasty incident with an idiot in an Audi A4 on the way home from work. He decided to overtake a car on a residential road with speed bumps... right into on-coming traffic doing about 40mph. Needless to say the car in front had to slam on the anchors but luckily I'd left enough breaking distance and had enough time to sound the horn and erm 'gesture'. Stupid Neds. :angry:

I know it wasnt aimed at me Charis and im far to Ignorant to take offence at most things anyhow :lol:

but like you say you have to drive defensively on the road how days there are just so many idiots out there.

it should be legal to pull these people out of their cars and slap them with their own tailpipes (which would easily be removed as they are held on with tape and cheap pop rivets).

still maybe not worth getting your hands dirty on these no mark :censor:

i would say that when they get older they will reflect on their sadness, but alas i see many of these people well into their 30's and 40's still driving the same.

ah,...the underclass :P

Sorry to hear that Steve - must've been horrible to go through!!

There are so many idiots like that about, every few times I go out in my Yaris some chavs (or similar) spot her and as there arent many of them around here they always wanna race me and it annoys me so much :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links