Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stopped At 36 Mph!

mrrandom

here's one for ya, was dirinv along a main road the other night, the road has 4 lanes of traffic. 2 going each way obviously.

well anyway, was driving along and the sirens come on behind me. i think "hmmm i wasnt speeding so what have i done?!" so i pull off into a side road and then pull in. copper gets out comes to my windows and shouts "GIMME YOUR LICENCE!!!!" i give it to him and ask "can i ask why you've pulled me in?" he shouts "YOU NO DAMN RIGHTLY WHY!!!!". i reply "sorry, i don't"

apparently i was speeding, which in all fairness, I was, although I didnt realise it. was moving with traffic at a clocked speed of 36MPH. i thought it was a 40 zone, i was let off on the fact that I wasn't from the area and there where no signs up to signal that it was a 30 zone.

how-ever, I was then accused of "Wheelspinning" my REAR wheels on my 1.3 yaris....can someone please explain to me how that is possible at 36MPH, let alone in a front wheel drive car?

i argued with the cop until he let me go. refused a ticket as I found it proposterus. he even made me jack up the car and rotate the wheels to prove that it was a front wheel drive car!!! funny thing is that I think i recognised the copper from the station the time I hads been arrested few weeks back.

i laughed when he said "prove its front wheels drive" and i asked how? "jack her up" only took 20 secs to jack like, was a !Removed! laugh, mate a mine sat in the car pissin himself.

hmmmm....does all this stuff really happen to you mate? i mean, _alot_ of quite unbelievable stuff has happened to you in a very short time now.

I NO!!!!!! IM REALLLLY PISD ABOUT IT! i choose not to post that up here as i thought it would have been frowned upon, but was bored and thought "what the hey"

Are you having us on or just the unluckiest bloke in Ireland, Barry?

lol rummaging through his tank

Those Sunday papers take ages to read. :bookworm:

lol rummaging through his tank

If I was you I'd give the Yaris to the Lizard and Drive the Tank yourself :(

:eek:

I don't beleive a word of it.. jack the car up???????? not a hope.

If it was me.. i would have told him to look under the back of the car, if he could see the diff i'd give him sexual favours!.

This can't be for real m8

the things u have to say for attention,

i got stopped by armed police last night, they took my car off me but gave it back cos they couldnt find engine under the bonnet!!!

barry, your makin a bit of a name for yourself on here

coppers know that 99 percent of small hatchs are front wheel drive barry.....

also, in fairness, you should have been doing 30mph if there were no signs...

Street Lights = 30mph

STOP PRESS...

“BarryFlood gets involved in another incident dressed in his Lizard costume”

Shlatshla.jpg

“I wasn’t me Officer”

:lol: :D :lol: :D

Oh that's quality, mate! PMSL! :lol::lol::lol: :D :D :lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

If this was really true and it did pee you off that much, then you would have taken the name and number of the officer and made a formal complaint about it.

But i guess i could do with a laugh after what happened to my car over the weekend. Cheers ;)

but 4 lanes, dual carridge way is never 30mph!.. she poo smells stronger!

Not many newish cars are rear wheel drive nowadays. Only BWM and a few others. I dont think hed make you jack the car up......hed just look for the driveshaft running down the car surely? plus a coppper who seems as dumb as you make out wont be in the force long the way hes going about his job dont you think? :wacko:

Bad luck mate - if its true that is!

I heard on the news that the police cant catch murderers etc because they have too much paperwork to do - doesn't make sense that your cop was with you for so long - perhaps you should have asked him to go back to the station and file his papers? :thumbsup:

asshat.jpg

Any idiot knows you dont need to jack up a yaris to see if its rwd or not :rolleyes:

Any copper would just poke his head under the rear bumper IF he REALLY was STUPID enough to think it was RWD... <_<

But really....Jacking up a car to see if its RWD.....

Next thing your gonna be telling us you invented the wheel and that you've tasted moon cheese.

Either way, if its true (yeah and monkeys might fly out of my butt) or not...how about we stop spamming the forums with useless threads huh...

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links