Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris

amolkarnik

Hi Everyone - I have hopped in over from the Lexus owners Club. Looking to get a Yaris for the wifey. She wont drive a manual, so its going to have to be the 1.3 auto for her.

Does anyone have one for sale. If not, what are the things I to watch out for while buying used?

Is it worth waiting for the Aygo? The car looks fresh and exciting and launch date isnt very long now.

Any advice is gladly received.

Hi Everyone - I have hopped in over from the Lexus owners Club. Looking to get a Yaris for the wifey. She wont drive a manual, so its going to have to be the 1.3 auto for her.

Does anyone have one for sale. If not, what are the things I to watch out for while buying used?

Is it worth waiting for the Aygo? The car looks fresh and exciting and launch date isnt very long now.

I dont think the Aygo will be available as an auto.....

1.3 Yaris is a great choice! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

as for the aygo, seen it, from the outside its o.k, as for the inside it looks cheap the only thing that does look toyota is the gear knob and the wheel, the rest looks cheap and french, i just hate it .

hate the aygo too too much like the citroen and everything french..looks ugly too and i dont think it has the same build quality ..well it would be a bit iffy but you never know

thanks for you inputs.

I test drove a 2004 yaris 1.3 auto with 10k this weekend. While i have no complaints with the performance of the car as such there were a number of rattles and squeaks from the car. The interior felt very gray and plasticky. Is the interior knows to rattle and queak as the miles rack up?

thanks for you inputs.

I test drove a 2004 yaris 1.3 auto with 10k this weekend. While i have no complaints with the performance of the car as such there were a number of rattles and squeaks from the car. The interior felt very gray and plasticky. Is the interior knows to rattle and queak as the miles rack up?

You might find the phase 2 yarii are better looking inside with a nicer black dash..

As for the rattles i havent heard any but i wouldnt ;)

Has your wifey tried MMT, its much more econimal

I have been warned by a number of websites that the MMT is prone to failures due to some oil seal defects and can be pricey to put right. Also isnt the MMT available only on the 1 litre?

My old T3 never squeaked, but did have a small rattle..I'm now on my 2nd Phase 2 and I have no problems with this one either, then again I guess it depends on how well a car has been looked after..if its been driven hard/thrashed to pieces then it is probably gonna rattle & squeak more then one that has been cared for properly.

Once again I say THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 1.0! In fact. I would be surprised of the 1.0 with MMT isn't as quick as the 1.3 auto...

I'm on my 3rd Yaris and have covered almost 70,000 miles in total in Yarii and have had neither rattles nor squeaks.

Home that helps,

Alan

Is the interior knows to rattle and queak as the miles rack up?

Unfortunatley, a fair few 'yota's are very rattling and sqeeky! Iv cured all the rattles bar one in my car (need a new passenger air vent) but it did have a few! They are easily curable though!

My last Yaris squeeked, this new one doesnt! Who knows why! :D This is my 2nd Yaris and I plan to buy a 3rd sometime next year (fingers crossed!)

Once again I say THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE 1.0! In fact. I would be surprised of the 1.0 with MMT isn't as quick as the 1.3 auto...

I'm on my 3rd Yaris and have covered almost 70,000 miles in total in Yarii and have had neither rattles nor squeaks.

Home that helps,

Alan

The 1.0 MMT is certainly a good choice.

It is (in my opinion) much better than the 1.3 conventional automatic, and much more economical.

As for reliability, I have not had any problems, after all it IS a Toyota, with a full 3 year warranty :thumbsup: