Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Verso Mmt Problems

janiej

13 minutes ago, Jacqueline Smith said:

Toyota should be responsible for paying for over the life of a car which has been driven carefully and looked after.

No manufacturer will provide a lifetime warranty for a car.

GM tried it (Opel/Vauxhall) which covered the service life of the car and it didn't work for them.

Hi Jacquline,

Apart from the MMT auto box, which isn’t a true automatic, has the rest of the car been ok?  I ask because all cars have their problems, some worse then others.

The MMT auto box is a standard gearbox with computer operated “arms” or actuators. Never had one, but briefly driven one. I understand when running correctly they are ok, but too many problems, this forum has more then enough drivers with problems. The solution is to get rid of the car. Sorry, but that’s how I would feel if I had one.  Toyota do really good cars, truly, but a Toyota with a MMT box is not one of them. That car with a manual box would be fine. Do you need an automatic ? You may have other needs, but from 2010 onwards Toyota made an Auris hybrid which has an automatic box but Nothing like the MMT. The hybrid Auris has a petrol engine and a rechargeable Battery which gives really good fuel economy. The hybrid engineering is proving very reliable, having been on the uk market in the guise of the Prius since 1999. Some drivers have exceeded 150k miles with no serious problems, just what affects all cars ie exhausts, brakes, tyres etc. The drive is automatic and is so relaxing. The Auris hybrid my wife has (was once mine) is now 11 years old, 75k miles and doing 55-65 mpg depending on circumstances. Worth a look, but whatever, ditch the MMT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links