Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In Car Entertainment

cfc1

Well.. for a while now i was thinking of getting a DVD payer for the Yaris, so I opted to go for an overhead screen with integrated DVD player....

gallery_16130_91_1110999032.jpg

It's a VST VOH-800DV

Low reflection and high resolution TFT LCD 8" MONITOR, cracking picture quality,

It's got a built in IR transmitter, and i got a couple of sets of headphones for the kids (still need another set though)

Swivel screen, it plays DVD,VCD,SVCD,CD-A,CDR/RW,and MP3

gallery_16130_91_1110998757.jpg

I can also plug in the PS2, which should keep the kids quiet on route to JAE this year :D

For those wondering who the musician is on the 2nd pic.. it's Peter Gabriel.

Ah very nice Davy! That should keep the kids quiet, they are a mad lot! :lol::thumbsup:

Looks uber cool Davy - will definately shut the kids up for a few hours!

Although you failt to mention how much it has set you back! A pretty penny I'd imagine.....

Looks uber cool Davy - will definately shut the kids up for a few hours!

Although you failt to mention how much it has set you back! A pretty penny I'd imagine.....

Including fitting, PS2 power adapter and 2 sets if IR headphones £521.00.

nice one! hows it fitted to the roof?

There is a metal plate that goes inside the roof lining, the unit screws onto it. and the wires go down the B pillar. then along the bottom (under door skirt (or watever it's called)) to the head unit.

Can anyone lend me a tenner?? i need food now :P

I got it from Auto Installs, through another guy i know.

not a big website but has contact details.

The fitter was as good as anyone. good clean job.

• 11 months later...

This is an old thread but i am hoping that you will be opening this coz' i have a question for you. Here it is anyway, does this dvd player you have (VOH-800DV) still work? I understand that this is made 2004 right? I'm wondering coz I ordered from the dealership a dvd for my new suv. they gave me this one and was kinda dissapointed with them giving me this old model. There are lots of widescreen dvd players out there. The picture is alright though but if i turn on thesuper bass option, it's all distortion. did you encounter this problem? i hope you will open this thread.... i wanted to send you a message but it forbids me coz' I'm just a basic member. if anybody who can send CFC1 a PM please let him know about this. Thanks... hoping for a reply

Well.. for a while now i was thinking of getting a DVD payer for the Yaris, so I opted to go for an overhead screen with integrated DVD player....

gallery_16130_91_1110999032.jpg

It's a VST VOH-800DV

Low reflection and high resolution TFT LCD 8" MONITOR, cracking picture quality,

It's got a built in IR transmitter, and i got a couple of sets of headphones for the kids (still need another set though)

Swivel screen, it plays DVD,VCD,SVCD,CD-A,CDR/RW,and MP3

gallery_16130_91_1110998757.jpg

I can also plug in the PS2, which should keep the kids quiet on route to JAE this year :D

For those wondering who the musician is on the 2nd pic.. it's Peter Gabriel.

My screen still works as good as the day i bought it.. i have no issues with sound problems on any setting.. although on heavy bass it distorts a little.. but this is to do with the standard Yaris speaker system not the unit. It plays the kids' PS2 as good as ever and the kids use the infra-red earphones which lets me still listen to a cd or the radio.

I don't know when this particular model was made.. but it was new in the box when i bought it.. I was advised to get this make for the quality of the screen, which in my opinion is better than some of the well known brands.. the picture quality on it is excellent still.

Maybe you have just been unlucky and bought a Lemon??.. if you still have a guarantee take it back to the seller.. i honestly can't fault my unit.

Thanks to Ryan1985 for pointing out this post :)