Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty

kanarnthan

Can sum1 tell me if sticking alloys on and maybe a sound system will void my warrant? ;)

simple. yes.

Anything that is not toyota will mean their warranty is obsolete. I asked at the dealer when getting a new car coz i didn't like the range they offered.

Basically if anyone else has handled the car to fit a stereo etc and something fails, it mite be put down to that or its no longer toyota's own parts. Its no longer toyota's problem. You can get other warrenties i think.

Not explained very well is it......

In fact i keep my car standard, so ignore me and wait for someone else to say something. :)

There is probably a range of opinion on this question.

A dealer told me that the warrenty is OK as long as the modification is not the cause of the warrenty claim.

In other words they can't void the warrenty unless it is apparent that it is in fact the modification that has caused the problem. A friendly dealer will talk to you about this and in some cases recommend certain parts other than Toyota for the car.

Putting different wheels on will not invalidate the whole Toyota Warrenty. It may affect certain parts only.

And a stereo has no bearing on what goes on in the engine and suspension and the like only the electronics side of things so again there is only certain areas of the Toyota Warrenty that they could then argue against should anytime happen after you fitted one.

i dont understand why people buy new cars and then are intent on modding them but worried about voiding the warrenty?

itll be dealer related as gordy says, check with them first

Can sum1 tell me if sticking alloys on and maybe a sound system will void my warrant? ;)

simple. yes.

there is no simple answer.

you have to remember your car will have a range of warranties.

So - for example, a new headunit will not invalidate your paintwork / rust warranties.

in theory, no mods should automatically invalidate your warranty.

should a problem arise after you fit a mod, the dealer would have to prove the mod was responsible for the failure.

We had a member fit a supercharger to his IS practically immediately after buying it.

he had a catastrophic engine failure (think huge whole blown through it), and Lexus replaced it under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links