Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloy Resoration

vladrulli

my new-old wheels are finally complete... I decided to go with silver (this was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made :wacko: it was down to white or silver and I went with silver just to be safe)

Here are some before and after pics:

Originally:

t22.jpg

t21.jpg

After some treatment:

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a7.jpg

After coloring:

tn1.jpg

tn2.jpg

tn3.jpg

tn4.jpg

Now I just have to find some nice tyres to go with the wheels and put them under the Yaris... can't wait!

The wheels are 7" wide... should I go with 195/50 or 205/50?

go for 195 45 15 get a nice stretch and the tyres will look like a lower profile and have less roll so giving better handling!

go for 195 45 15 get a nice stretch and the tyres will look like a lower profile and have less roll so giving better handling!

LOOK like low profile?????.... 195/50x15's ARE low profile. The standard profile is an 80 series (155/80x13 = 155x13 etc). anything below 80 series is low profile.. but i agree with you 195/45x15's will look cool, as will 195/50x15 if your not intending to lower it.

Good job on the wheels too.. very imperssed :)

very nice mate very cute...your doggy that is :P

your wheels are ok too :D :lol::lol:

i think you picked the right colour :thumbsup:

How did you not get overspray on that nice floor? let alown the dog!

Nice rims, should look nice with some low rubber streched over to give the euro look, :drool:

LOOK like low profile?????.... 195/50x15's ARE low profile. The standard profile is an 80 series (155/80x13 = 155x13 etc). anything below 80 series is low profile.. but i agree with you 195/45x15's will look cool, as will 195/50x15 if your not intending to lower it.

you think I'll have trouble if I use 195/50 and lower the car by 30mm?

why not go with 205? poor handling on such a small car or what?

What brand of wheels are they ??? and are they 15x7 ?? They looks nice and wide!!!

U wont have ANY issues with it only lowered by 30mm ;) 195s will fit under a yaris/echo/vitz slammed on coilovers with minimal scrubbing... anything above 205 is when u could have issues.

I'm not sure what brand the wheels are... I got them of a scrap yard and they were in pretty bad condition...

they are "Made in England" and I think the brand name is 100+ or maybe that's just the design name...

yeah, the doggy is nice... but when somebody messes with my yaris - she turnes into this:

evildoggy.jpg

Thats a really good job you have done with restoring your alloys mate. I also was thinking about restoring my alloys too. Now after looking at the end results you have done I'm very tempted now ;)

jerry!!

no wonder its growling you've punched it! i can see your hand! where abouts are you from pal.

hehe... I would never punch my doggy... I'm just holding her down on the floor and she's trying to get up... :)

I'm from Iceland... :thumbsup:

just looked at that again, initially thought it was photoshoped!

scary a$$ little cute aggressive psycho friendly lookin dog youve got there!!! :P

(im suggesting it has a split personality)

100+ or team dynamics or rimstock (same company different names)

made round the corner from me, you may have heard of the owner Mat Neal

british touring car driver.

as for your doggy i had one of those cute when he wanted to be but had a mental

streak when provoked :eek: still lovely though :wub:

you think I'll have trouble if I use 195/50 and lower the car by 30mm?

why not go with 205? poor handling on such a small car or what?

205's may catch, but 195/50's shouldnt if there the correct offset but may not look as or handle as good as 195/45 tyres

EDIT: hate to put a downer on things but how many do you have, the 2 pictured look like there odd offsets like ones sits further back than the other, :unsure:

205's may catch, but 195/50's shouldnt if there the correct offset but may not look as or handle as good as 195/45 tyres

EDIT: hate to put a downer on things but how many do you have, the 2 pictured look like there odd offsets like ones sits further back than the other,  :unsure:

I've got four wheels... two of each kind... I'm not sure what the offset is... they came from a BMW and most likelly don't have the correct offset for the Yaris... I just hope they'll fit... :wacko:

i have 205/40/16s and they are mint, they are flush with the arches, and they grip loads better, wider tyres lover corners!

i have 205/40/16s and they are mint, they are flush with the arches, and they grip loads better, wider tyres lover corners!

yeah... but what about tramlining and stuff like that? I now have the standard 185/55 and the car likes to follow tracks - it will get even worse with wider tyres, right?

yeah... but what about tramlining and stuff like that? I now have the standard 185/55 and the car likes to follow tracks - it will get even worse with wider tyres, right?

i never noticed tramlining, but mate currently got them on his starlet ( :censor: lent him them to try them out and hes had them on for ages now... :ffs: ) anyway he said they tramline like :censor: but i never noticed :eek: