Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastic Creaking Sound From Rear

2005echoHatch

I have had my Echo hatch for one week now and so far, for the most part, I'm very pleased with it. Ergonomics are wonderful, and since I have installed my Alpine CDA-9851, I'm loving it even more. It sounds great even through the stock Speakers.

However, when I back my car into my garage (in which it is atop a small incline), a plastic creaking sound from the rear (interior) is created from time to time. This also occurs when driving relatively slow on choppy roads. It sound as though it is the plastic panelling on the "pillar" by the trunk.

Has anyone else had this issue??? If so, does it go away???

Thanks in advance!

i noticed my new t-sport doing that when i was polishing it. It was the corner of my bumper which was the culprit. It continued the next day when driving, but its gone now.

If its under warranty take it back and get MrT one the case.

There are loads of potential bits to squeak and rattle - let them find which one it is!

iv got a creaking in the back to i think its my parcel shelf, warrenty is crap my yaris t sport has had the seal round the skirt done by mr t within a week its gone again in the same place and i was told it was done as a gesture of good will. my mate has a mk5 golf it had a rattle took it back no problem i was told to put some silicone round it what do ya think?

WOW this could be the same sound i have on my 51 TS,

mine seems to come from the n/s rear end, i would describe it as a creaking sound caused when the bodywork flexes, i am not sure that mine sounds "plastic" tho'!!

As for the warranty, yeah i would agree that it is a waste of time, but i will mention it again when it goes back for a service next week.

If you do find the cause i would be most grateful to know what it was......thanx and good luck!

:-)

try putting some wd40 on the shelf hinge bits!! i had creaking from there and took me ages to find out! give it a try!

My last Yaris squeeked - I never figured out what the problem was - this new ones ok!

It always kinda came from the rear passenger seats - I figured something wasnt screwed in right..... :huh:

Dont take any crap from the dealers - just go in ask to speak the to manager and make your point.

Wait until a saturday when its busy and just make a pest of yourself - dont need to shout and rant - just make yourself and your complaint VERY obvious.

Works every time

If it helps I had three de-squeaking sessions before they got to the end of it and then hated it when they replaced my corroding alloys under warranty with weeks to go ...

Remember you can complain about a dealer direct to MrT head office

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links