Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ts - Tyres

Viper_7

As part of a recent service I had all four tyres replaced with the standard Bridgesotne Potenzas....as they atre damn good tyes.

However...the design has changed...big time. they are sooo bulky now. They protrude from the rim a good half an inch. The actual edge of the rim is not to be seen it's hidden under all the rubber.

I'll post a pic when it's light...but if your looking at swapping like for like..take a look at that the new ones look like to see if they are the new design...I'd go for something else....the actuall wheel is now dwarfed by the tire. :-(

vipes

Bridgstone have now increased their range of MFS tyres. Theese tyres have a "rim protector" built into the sidewall ( an extra thick layer of rubber.. just below the sidewall and above the rim), this is there to help prevent your alloy wheel getting scraped if you happen to rub against a kerb. I WOULDN'T go for something else.

As for it dwarfing the rim... well, we will all have our own opinions on that.. but i'd rather my wheels were protected... even if it is only against a minor coming together with a kerb...(really scrapng hard against a kerb, the chances are the wheel will get scraped).

A rim protector also prevents debris getting in between the rim and the tyre, thus preventing rim leaks.. which is, in my experiance as a tyre fitter,is the most common form of slow puncture.

Bridgesotne Potenzas....as they are damn good tyes.

The actual edge of the rim is not to be seen it's hidden under all the rubber.

As said......... rim protectors, great idea :thumbsup:

Bridgesotne Potenzas....as they are damn good tyes.

The actual edge of the rim is not to be seen it's hidden under all the rubber.

As said......... rim protectors, great idea :thumbsup:

Yes i 2nd that. Rim protectors are excellent idea. They can really save you a lot of money on alloy wheel damage. Nought wrong with that mate. My wife has got that on her falken tyres which i thought was good :yes:

jerry!!

i swaped my potenzas for yokahamas. there a lot better tyre, they've had a harder life and theres a hell of a lot of tread left than on the potenzas + they've done an extra 5k

Rim protectors for tyres should be optional...better learing how to handle a car in the first place without draging it kerbing it should be paramount....number of peeps who drive up onto pavements to park is unbeliveable.

Belive me..these things look awfull!

i managed to scrape my alloys without touching a kerb :P sideways, ice :( acctually squashed tyre to the point the rim hit the road. ive got a couple of rim protectors on my a4 and they look ****.

Not being difficult here - but I found the pontenzas to be useless ... tried yokys and a michelins and finally ended up with Pirelli P6000s on my standard rims - I covered around 65k with standard rims and consider that this was a fair trial.

The pontenzas didnt last very long and more importantly werent very grippy in the wet.

The one downside of the pirellis was they make more noise at motorway speed and arent that cheap...

Yokys were fantastic and lasted 4 weeks!

Sorry folks - only my opinion

My personal choices would be Continental,Bridgstone,Toyo or Goodyear.. i found the Toyo's to be the best of that bunch.

At the moment i'm running Khomo's.. so far so good, not the best, not the worst.. a good tyre for your money if your not pushing your car hard.(Before anyone say's their crap etc.. Spratty uses Khomo's on the Yaris Evo)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links