Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Conversion

RossP

I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times before, but my mate wants to put 1.3l turbo glanza lump in his 1.3 RS. He's found a decent one for 500 quid. Is it possible to fit the engine in (obviously with different engine mounts)? I'm not sure what the engine code is though...I think it's something like 4e-fte?

Any help appreciated!

yes it will fit in

i have seen this done in japan as far i can tell its a lot of work i will have a look for some pics on the net later

it can be done as sad above but i dont think its worth it as far as i know a standard t pot aint far off a starlet turbo (wel i kno! :P), if hes gonna do a conversion tell him to do a Celica t pot conversion then i can steal his plans etc.

theres actually a fitting kit i beleive from a greek website for fitting the starlet GT lump in with ;)

the name and address though i have no idea!

maybe try a search

theres actually a fitting kit i beleive from a greek website for fitting the starlet GT lump in with ;)

the name and address though i have no idea!

maybe try a search

Stratis Autosport, they seem to have some quite some stuff.

Stratis Autosport

Yves.

He wants to stick the glanza lump in it as he believes it has a lot more tuning potential (which I also believe), but i know **** about engines to be honest! in any case a celica t-pot conversion would be made! the engine would be huge! I think he's going to go through with it in the coming months, someone else i know stuck one in his Cynos, cost 500 quid to install. Cheers for the info guys!

The Glanza engine fits perfectly.

Here in Hellas Yaris Club we have 3 members who have done that kind of conversion (they have also tuned the engine to 180 hp :eek: - dyno confirmed- ). They beat Impreza 's :drool::drool::drool:

We also have one guy who has installed a 1.6 engine from Corolla with a 6 gears gearbox from Corolla G6 :eek: The conversion though was difficult enough but since the owner is a mechanic he has done all the work by himself. He is also an ambitious guy because he wants to convert it to 4-throttle. We also have one who has already done that to his 1NZ engine (145 hp) !!!

The engine from Celica is another matter. You must make huge converions to the chassis of the car :unsure: One of our members had done this in the past but because of the weight of the engine, the car was way to difficult to drive. So he switched back to a 1NZ engine. ;)