Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cc Silver To Yaris Tsport?

GreenEyedYaris

Hi all,

I currently have a Phase 1 Yaris, Colour Collection 1.0 16v, Silver 2003.

The time has come and I'm thinking of upgrading my car......... however

the saying - 'you could love it too much' comes to mind, and I really want another Yaris.

So I'm planning on a partex on my car (worth about 5-6k) for a 2/3yr old Yaris TSport.

I havent test driven one yet and insurance is a little tricky being 18... but my questions are...

Whats the difference between the Phase 1 and Phase 2 TSports, in performance and features? (other than the face lift)

I found my little 1.0 quite nippy, will the TSport 1.5 be much quicker?

and any other general feedback from Tsports owners....

Many Thanks,

Sam

I used to have a 1.0, and I upgraded to a 1.3 and I can really notice the difference..the engine is a lot stronger and nippyer so yes you would notice a real difference. I have been in a T-Sport too (Not driven tho) and it was very fast, I was very impressed.

Just a thought but cos of your age maybe you could upgrade to a 1.3 Phase 2 if it was too pricey insurance wise?

Blue

get a phase 1, they look better and you can get more performance parts for them. performance wise, theres no difference. TS will see of the likes of 1800 vectras, mondeos, 318's (great for ****** off reps at the lights). nobs in saxo vtr's and other chav mobiles especially 1400 sri's!! the Tsport is plenty quicker than the 1300 as im sure seveer will confirm. :P

Just went to see my local Mr T,

They said they only have 2 Tsports in the company? (Listers) a bit rare then....

One was 2003, but they couldnt sell it yet. was a demo car or something.... ???

The other was a Y Reg.

I'm gonna smack my own plate on so im not to bothered about the age as long as it looks in good nic.

I agree the phase 1 looks nicer... it hasnt got those sticky bumper things on the corners of the car... nice and smooth bum :P

My mate (corsa 1.2 16v) is very confident he has a faster car than me. Went out for a bit of a cruise on a duely and he only just started to overtake slowly at 106mph

But still, the yaris is better than the rest, and the Yaris Tsport will eat his corsa.

Thanks for the comments guys! Still searching for one though....

My mate (corsa 1.2 16v) is very confident he has a faster car than me.

:lol: :D :lol: :D

No chance!

:lol:

Only corsa drivers think they have the best car in the world.........

a Tsport just looks faster without it moving...

I have had two 1.3 T-Spirits and next year I'm hopefully upgrading to a T-Sport!

I cant wait to have the extra power!

And I've driven a 1.2 Corsa as a hire car - a 1.0 Yaris could beat that no problems! :lol::thumbsup:

i originally had a yaris colour collection 03 silver 1.0 too, now ive upgraded to the t-sport. trust me, u wont regret it. mines a phase 1 (nicest shape in my opinion). find the phase 1 looks really sporty. its in chilli red, really stands out above most other cars, its very quick, sounds great and even the girls love it (its cute aparently). but seriously, its got everything u could need on it, and its a hell of a car, especially since its only group 7 insurance! in standard form i got quite £480 fully comp insurance (im 22 with no no claims bonus) and with my mods its £704 - im with tesco insurance. give them a ring.

Thanks guys for the replies - Means a lot!

Is there anything I should look out for when yaris shopping?

Im actually excited now! Im really keen on one...... I just hope the insurance will be ok, as I'm still a young driver.

My insurance is £1300 on my 1.0 CC. (got a good deal)

I'm taking Pass Plus april 3rd, so that should help me 'get insured' on the car lol.

i've just got a new t-sport and its wicked. Cant comment on the perfermance just yet (breaking it in).

I'd say phase 2 is best without a doubt. But thats just coz i like the latest stuff available. And i prefer the looks.

I cant comment on the difference between the new and old t-sport but i had a phase 1 gls 1.0l before my new t-sport. The difference between my two is you get leather wheel and gear nob, EBD and generally more up to date computer thingy in the dash. and much better seats and nice exhaust note! Much more refined and my sat nav is much improved.

i've just got a new t-sport and its wicked.  Cant comment on the perfermance just yet (breaking it in).

I'd say phase 2 is best without a doubt.  But thats just coz i like the latest stuff available.  And i prefer the looks. 

I cant comment on the difference between the new and old t-sport but i had a phase 1 gls 1.0l before my new t-sport.  The difference between my two is you get leather wheel and gear nob, EBD and generally more up to date computer thingy in the dash.  and much better seats and nice exhaust note!  Much more refined and my sat nav is much improved.

Nice siggy pic mate, is that actually your car?

I prefer the 2 rear fogs and 2 reverse lights, the P1 has a white and red which I think looks a bit :blink:

I think I'd go for a P2 if I can find one at the right price...

So I presume thats a 53+ Still pretty new considering mine is 03.

Does the exhasut sound nice too without modification?

P2 is nice, but then I am biased - I've had two! :D

You can get P2's from late 03 reg onwards, so you should be able to pick up a bargain! I'm gonna wait for the P3 myself, but I love the P2's styling - the T-Sport P2 looks just gorgeous IMO!

if you dont like the p1 lights change them lee. above this post has 2 whit lights, and ive painted over mine.

My mate (corsa 1.2 16v) is very confident he has a faster car than me. Went out for a bit of a cruise on a duely and he only just started to overtake slowly at 106mph

ibtl.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links