Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When You Buy Road Tax...

JappyBeast

6 or 12?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. 6 or 12?

• 6 months
    • 12 months

When you buy your road tax (as you all should) do you go for the 6 or 12 month option?

I always buy 6 months because at £91 its all about I can afford!!! :P

I'm also worried that my car might be stolen or a right off in 6 months time and I dont want to apply for a refund!!

Do you chaps think that the price is worth it?

Some of the roads near me are a right state and it makes me well mad as my suspension is pretty solid.

I voted 12 months.. although this time i put 6 months on, but that is because i had my insurance and MOT at the same time.By putting 6 months on , i am seperating the tax from the others and in 6 months time i will put a years tax on it... it's only a likkle wee tiny Yaris, so much cheapness :)

12months cuz im tight an kno my car will last, i save 3 quid or summit, the government get enough of my cash as it is

6 months for me ... as i really really like queuing up with stinky people for hours on end.. <_<

12 Months if I can afford it. I've started buying stamps every month now cos' I'm crap at saving.

The last car I taxed was my Matiz and I got 6 months for it..... I think!

I've never taxed any of my Yarii - Karis survived 10 months of her tax and Kaori runs out 11/05!

I suppose I could have got a refund for Karis, but it would have only been a months worth and its not like I paid for it originally anyway.... :thumbsup:

When I do tax Kaori in November, I'll get 6 months, as that'll bring it round to May - a much better time for tax than just before Christmas - then I'll do 12 months!

I do 12 months, but if the car is new may do a 6 month so the Tax is like 4-8months sepearate to the MOT and Insurance. My current car goes a little bit like this:

April - TAX

May - Insurance

June - MOT

So it will be a 6month TAX so its offset a bit more. But also cause Im going to sell it in May so no point splashing out.

I always get 12 months too =) costs £105 but that way it's done for a whole year and works out a bit cheaper too.

I got 6 month this year coz i had to pay the tax and the insurance at once i was like noooooooooooo

So itll make it easier next year :)

Always 12 months, saves me a wee bit of cash and I always plan ahead so I can actually afford it, I'm actually pretty good with my money! :thumbsup:

Always 12 months, saves me a wee bit of cash and I always plan ahead so I can actually afford it, I'm actually pretty good with my money! :thumbsup:

Im not :lol: :lol:

So it costs nearly the same to tax my car for 6 months as it does to do a Yaris for a whole year........ :crybaby:

The government sucks big style doesn't it :ffs:

6 months because im always tempted to change the car - that way when i do, im not paying for someone else's use of it

• 4 years later...

its the other, one year lol, half a years road tax for the aygo is like 17 quid lol