Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I Colour Code Wing Mirrors?

minidoughty

how do i go about colour coding the wing mirrors. I have the electric wing mirrors, are they easy to remove? do i need to remove them if all i want to do is colour code the front/main part?

how do i go about colour coding the wing mirrors. I have the electric wing mirrors, are they easy to remove? do i need to remove them if all i want to do is colour code the front/main part?

Just go to a garage and ask, all they do is prime and paint, paint colour is given by the paint code in the engine bay

thanks, was thinking of removing them though, as i have the paint and some other bits i want spraying.

thanks, was thinking of removing them though, as i have the paint and some other bits i want spraying.

Yo dont have to remove they just mask the other area and spray

I had mine done a while back .. and i took them off cos the guy at the body shop said it'll be a pain to mask the whole car just for the mirrors.

You need to take the door trim off to access the 3 nuts holding the mirror. If you know how to do that, then it should be easy as the wire for the electrics just unclip off. If you have any problems pm me!

And good choice aswell .. something simple like colour coding your mirrors really do make a big difference! Check out my baby .. it looks great! :lol:

:thumbsup:

I've taken a look at the inside trim and the 3 bolts, looks easy enough, but there are also 3 bolts/screws on the under side of the actual mirror, what are these for???

The 3 screws under the mirror actually holds the black triangular bit to the mirror housing section. I initially thought that i could take the mirror apart and just take the outer Shell for painting, but you cant as the electrical wire hold the 2 parts together and is gonna be a right bugger to remove.

So in the end i took the whole unit .. including the triangle bit to get painted. Obviously the painter had to mask the mirror and the triangle bit .. but it saves masking out the whole car!

:thumbsup:

How much it cost you nut? Im tempted to get mine done... having seen yours and others it makes a great difference... my favourite kind of mod... subtle yet highly effective!

Well it only cost me 20 quid .. since i got it done with my front spoiler. But if i had them done on their own it would have cost around £60.

Wait till you have something else to paint and it will work out alot cheaper! :thumbsup:

Well it only cost me 20 quid .. since i got it done with my front spoiler. But if i had them done on their own it would have cost around £60.

Wait till you have something else to paint and it will work out alot cheaper!  :thumbsup:

Cheers. I'll keep the quotes in mind!

Make sure you use plastic primer or the paint will flake off the first time you wash it. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links