Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nankang Tyres

dannyb999

anyone heard of these or had any experience with these? are they better then the standard yokohomas that are on the t-sport?

Hi dannyb999, where did you get your number plates from? Id love to change mine..... to CR4ZY, coz im yarisCRAZY!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

im using nankangs for a long while now with no problems ..very hard wearing tyres I thought but then again I dont have 105bhp :lol:

i had them on my 175 bhp celica, had a bit of slip off the lights in the wet, but apart from that can't fault them .really good deep tread ,cheap too

I had some on my old car and the side walls of the tyres were crap, to much give in them.

Nor me!

They are good in the dry but dangerous in the wet! Very hard wearing though and i only paid £52 each fitted for a 205/40/17 at my local tyre place

oh well its only for a few months until i get new wheels, failed the mot on the 2 front tyres! oooops! got them for £40 each including fitting off a friend of mine. he said there mid range, and better than the ones they had put on my car, so who knows! :P

i hav nankangs 205 40 17 on my t3 yaris. Definately better than stock T3 tyres, but going on price an reputation, Toyo and Yokohama are better. Nankangs seem to be mid range tyres

Was under the impression that the standard ones were Bridgestone Pontenzas ... mines were.

I was offered Nankangs really cheaply at one point ... then warned off them by friends. Ended up with Toyos and like them.

Thing is - everyone has their own preference when it comes to stuff like this - what I look for is a grippy tyre that doesnt roar too much on the road and the longer it lasts the better, but others have different priorities.

anyone heard of these or had any experience with these? are they better then the standard yokohomas that are on the t-sport?

Pirelli p2000 cost me only £47 each fitted, had these last time on my tpsort lasted for ages!, good tyre and good price

Thing is - everyone has their own preference when it comes to stuff like this -

Yep! Im a skint student cheapskate! But still find the money to buy half decent tyres.

Thing is - everyone has their own preference when it comes to stuff like this -

Yep! Im a skint student cheapskate! But still find the money to buy half decent tyres.

me too ill never buy cheap tyres again after the difference in cornering and braking with the toyo's as for nakangs me an my mates refer to them as ditchfinder pro's, and danny have you bought these for the standard TS rims?

as £40 each is very steep for crappy tyres like them i got 195/50/15 cheap tyres for 30 quid a piece, my 195/45/15 toyo's cost me only 50 quid a piece fitted the lot, and there AWESOME! (standard fit on evo's!)

Nankang!!!!

Isn't that the swear word you use when you skid in the wet?

It will be when you crash lol

!Removed! NANKANGS!!!!!!

Nankang!!!!

Isn't that the swear word you use when you skid in the wet?

yeah sounds bout rite gerard,

where you bin hiding i havent seen you on here or OZECHO in ages,

i sooo want your echo why couldnt we get white over here! :cacker:

Yep Bridgestone Pontenzas on mine with a rotation arrow symbol , Nice bit of low profile rubber :) , not sure how much they would cost to replace though...

Was under the impression that the standard ones were Bridgestone Pontenzas ... mines were.

I was offered Nankangs really cheaply at one point ... then warned off them by friends.  Ended up with Toyos and like them.

Thing is - everyone has their own preference when it comes to stuff like this - what I look for is a grippy tyre that doesnt roar too much on the road and the longer it lasts the better, but others have different priorities.

The standard dunlops on my SR are brilliant. They have a slight rim protector so are great for when my mother steals my car and attempts to park! They also lasted 18,000 miles before needing changing (that's with 'spirited' driving) they have great grip in the wet with no wheelspins, even when pulling away vigorously and are even better in the dry!

Granted, they have lost front grip on occasions due to me really pushing the limits of my little car... 60mph tight bends... fun, but a little scary! Have also lost the back end once coming off a large roundabout about 70mph, foot planted, turn in, lift off and a little kick out from the back before tiny bit of opposite brings it back! That was funny when i did that... the guy infront of me pulled to the side to let me past! He must have thought i was a right scally! Oh well... all in the name of fun and car testing!

I have them on the back of my MR2 (235/40/17)

They are quite slippy in the wet but not the worst tyres i've ever had. They do last a long time and cant fault them in the dry