Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nuts!

Chuck04

Wheres the best place to get 4 replacement locking nuts

just looked at car and realised im missing 1 and 1 of the others is pretty screwed

:censor: toyota locking nuts!!

so id best get some new 1s i only want four, the locking kind, where would be best palce to get them??

cheers peeps

just looked at car and realised im missing 1 and 1 of the others is pretty screwed

so id best get some new 1s i only want four, the locking kind, where would be best palce to get them??

cheers peeps

there some on eBay now mate, jsut search "yaris" on eBay

I just got all four of mine replaced under warranty after I chewed up the key trying to get one of the locknuts off. I didn't even have to fight them for it - result! :D

how is one missing, did you not put it on properly??

are you hearing a knocking sound??

Please tell me you have a stud! it might be snapped :S

mine are screwd sim 2 urs storm

matt just the nut mate stud still there :thumbsup: , i dunno i checked them when i cleaned car on friday maybe i didnt do that 1 up or not as tight as i thought :huh:

but these are original nuts ive got 3 new nuts per alloys and think its time to change them now seeingas they dont fit perfectly

so wheres best place to get them from??

mate suggested halfrauds but thought id ask ur advice

mine are screwd sim 2 urs storm

matt just the nut mate stud still there  :thumbsup: , i dunno i checked them when i cleaned car on friday maybe i didnt do that 1 up or not as tight as i thought  :huh:

but these are original nuts ive got 3 new nuts per alloys and think its time to change them now seeingas they dont fit perfectly

so wheres best place to get them from??

mate suggested halfrauds but thought id ask ur advice

king hell dude, if they dont fit perfectly you could knacker the hole, studs of the nut themselfs!

makes sure they are all the same!, The nuts to fit the konigs will be different for the orignal wheels, i have two sets of nuts! one for the orignal wheels and a set for the miglia....

Dude.. hope you havent damaged them already :unsure:

prob need tapered nuts thats wot ur problem is they dont grab gud enuf, on the after market wheels,

I got mine replaced for free when kwakfit screwed mine ...

I got the replacements from Halfrauds - they're mcguards and are pretty nice - but I did spend ages with the guy in Halfrauds checking through the packs until I got a pair I was happy with.

Envy do them if you want to ensure you get a good set -

look at my post here m8....

locknuts

Best to shop around for best deal,, you can pay from 15 - 25 quid for a good set :thumbsup:

One of my front lockers is knacked... i got a nail in my tyre, so had to repair the tyre... when trying to get the nuts off came to the locker and it was welded on! (front drive cars nuts do this... they seize on!) Took all my strength and some rather loud swearing to get the !Removed! thing off! In the process, due to the rubbish 'key' the nut has cracked between the holes... gonna try MrT for a replacement, if not... then il get proper ones!

cheers peeps

LOL. I screwed up all 4 of mine when tightening the wheels up by standing on the wrench! woohoo!

yea man i did foot pushing down and pulling up, resulted in sore hands and nuts that were on but faily screwd :angry:

seveer unaek, replacements will be around £32 if any help, i spoke 2 Mr T the other day as was curious the price, seems stupid when u can buy an "orignial" set of nuts, including locking nuts off eBay for around £20 or 24, i forget

cheers peeps

LOL. I screwed up all 4 of mine when tightening the wheels up by standing on the wrench! woohoo!

I'm sure the torque settings for the yaris is 103 nm.. will check when i'm back at work

cheers peeps

I'm sure the torque settings for the yaris is 103 nm.. will check when i'm back at work

Cheers, but I need a tourqe wrench first! Doh :(

I'm sure the torque settings for the yaris is 103 nm..

103 Nm it is, no need to go standing on a wrench to achieve that.

Yves.

I'm sure the torque settings for the yaris is 103 nm..

103 Nm it is, no need to go standing on a wrench to achieve that.

Yves.

**Smug Mode**

:lol::lol::lol:

Good guess cfc1.

...and Yves, unfortuantly I don't have a natural inbuilt torque meter in my body! So I'd rather they were tight then falling off. :)

Good guess cfc1.

...and Yves, unfortuantly I don't have a natural inbuilt torque meter in my body! So I'd rather they were tight then falling off. :)

It wasn't a guess.. i was 99% certain.. ive been a tyre fitter for over 15 years :lol:

To give you an idea of 103nm.. a 13 year old kidcould do it with his arm... (not recomended though.. or if you arm wrestled your wife you should win with a pressure of 103nm.. i did :P :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links