Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Octane Rating

Red Yaris 54

Several times I've heard people referring to resetting the ecu after adding an additive or using higher ron rated petrol - how do you reset then?

Simply pull out the fuse for the ECU and leave it for a while.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scionic

• seveer unaek

• earpl

• Demonic Angel

Woah - Is this thread still Kicking - COOL :D

So I like Coca Cola But my Body runs better when I have Pepsi - Is this because of a higher Caffeine content or what............ :lol:

So I like Coca Cola But my Body runs better when I have Pepsi - Is this because of a higher Caffeine content or what............ :lol:

Your body doesn't run better when you have Pepsi, you're just imagining it.

You don't need any more caffiene than your doctor recommends. :lol:

Hmmm, it's a complete mystery then!

Ever since I changed to BP my MPG has been steadily going up so I'm definitely not going to bother with Sainsburys anymore.

My mate has a mondeo and it broke down after filling up at Sainsburys once. The garage he took it to had fixed a few cars that had done exactly the same thing. After a complete flush the car was fine again.

...maybe it's just a problem with my local Sainsburys.

The quality/purity of the fuel may be different. It can vary from station to station. There are alot of factors. Sometimes underground tanks can be contaminated with water, for example.

I'd definitely avoid this Sainsburys place regardless of which side of this debate you fall on. If you are curious about the effect of octane, you might check out the links I posted on the first page.

If anyone find any links from a serious source to support the theory that higher than recommended octane will increase performance, please post those as well.

We’re just one big family on here, and like most families we don’t always see eye to eye. It’s good to get things off your chest and at least we can say if we don’t agree with each other.

It would be pretty boring if we all agreed all of the time  :thumbsup:

<_<

Obviously there are members in the family who you wish had emigrated :D

&#33;Removed&#33; Know It All :D :lol:

Actually - Under severe testing that I have been conducting over the last few years - I conclude that Lucozade is better than Pepsi or Coca Cola.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

then again Bud works well too :drool:

Your body doesn't run better when you have Pepsi, you're just imagining it.

You don't need any more caffiene than your doctor recommends. :lol:

Several times I've heard people referring to resetting the ecu after adding an additive or using higher ron rated petrol - how do you reset then?

Simply pull out the fuse for the ECU and leave it for a while.

And if you don't know which fuse it is?!?!?!

Easiest way is to take an adjustable spanner (cos i can't remember size) make sure your keys are out of the ignition, then loosen the negative Battery cable... the one closest to the front of the car. Keep it off for 20secs, then pop it back on. It'll most likely spark and your alarm will go off... just blip it with your key-fob and all shall be well! Then take it for a run around... mainly just for the fun of it!

I know that on Volkswagen's at least, disconnecting the ECU will force you to reenter the radio code on the OEM stereo before it can be used again. I'm guessing that isn't an issue on the Toyota's though?

And if you don't know which fuse it is?!?!?!

There's usually a map of the fuses on the underside of the fuse box, and it's usually mentioned in the handbook too. If you're really stuck then just ask on TOC!

Easiest way is to take an adjustable spanner (cos i can't remember size) make sure your keys are out of the ignition, then loosen the negative battery cable... the one closest to the front of the car. Keep it off for 20secs, then pop it back on. It'll most likely spark and your alarm will go off... just blip it with your key-fob and all shall be well! Then take it for a run around... mainly just for the fun of it!

Then spend the next few weeks trying to get your stereo working again! :P

You need no radio code or anything like that unless you've got an aftermarket one. The toyota radio just needs it's stations re-programming that's all... no major job!

Why are we disconnecting the Battery to reset the ECU again? I've lost the plot a bit with all this talk of pepsi and coca cola...

dont even ask!

it does reset the ecu etc, i disconnected the negative Battery lead when fitting my filter, you swith the engine on and it beeps at you, leave it for 20secs to acc then switch on again after a bit and alls fine. Of course this is when you conenct batery up agajn

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links