Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De-badged, Restored Alloys & New Tyres Fitted...

vladrulli

here are some fresh pics... next thing I'll do to the car will most likely be a set of Vogtland lowering springs and front+rear strut braces... :)

the pics don't show the alloys that much but the tyres stick a bit out from under the car and it looks pretty nice... ;) (only rear end fitted with new alloys)

bought pretty cheap 195/50r15 tyres - pretty poor at the moment so Toyo Proxes was not an option :(

depadged the rear and took out the rear seats.... :thumbsup:

nt2.jpg

nt3.jpg

nt1.jpg

Too little offset. It won't pass an MOT with the tyres sticking out beyond the arch. Plus it looks a bit monster truck (even once its lowered).

Not really my cuppa tea.

MOT won't be a problem...

personally I like the way it looks... as you can see on the pic of the rear of the car - the tyres don't actually stick out... the only area where they stick out is where the rear bumber narrows down.... :)

handling is SO MUCH BETTER! and that's just with rear wheels fitted... :)

rear seats put to good use in the computer room:

nt4.jpg

LOL! Brilliant!

Yep, I can imagine performance is much better with those wide things on!

I guess I'm just not into making my car look like a beach buggy ;) All to their own!

MOT won't be a problem...

nt4.jpg

MOT WILL be a problem...........unless you refit "Standard" wheels on the back that do not stick out beyond the wheelarches at MOT time.

You may also find that the local constabulary pay you quite a lot of attention as to drive it on the roads like that contravenes the "Construction and Use " regulations and could be seen to be dangerous to pedestrians.

Think about it............you would not have an unguarded machine in a factory....so why should it be allowed down your local High Street? :(

MOT WILL be a problem...........unless you refit "Standard" wheels on the back that do not stick out beyond the wheelarches at MOT time.

You may also find that the local constabulary pay you quite a lot of attention as to drive it on the roads like that contravenes the "Construction and Use " regulations and could be seen to be dangerous to pedestrians.

Think about it............you would not have an unguarded machine in a factory....so why should it be allowed down your local High Street? :(

Prolly not in when you live in Iceland :)

Yves.

And it looks great, Vlad. Nice job. :thumbsup:

Sort us some pictures when you have the front ones on if you will. And with the springs. :)

Any idea on what ET they are?

Yves.

Very nice Vlad, altho I'm not too keen on the wheels sticking out more than the car either..but each to their own :thumbsup:

Cant wait to see more photo's too.

Blue

Lets not forget an MOT in the UK is ver stringent, not anything will get past people (normally), whereas in other countries there's nothing like a common friend or some spendable paper won't solve. It's great knowing people in high places! :thumbsup:

Any idea on what ET they are?

ET? is that the offset?

the wheels came off an E30 BMW so I guess it's around 12+

Prolly not in when you live in Iceland :)

Yves.

Ha so that explains where Far Far away is............I always wondered :shutit:

Each to their own and all that, but i really hate that 'stick-out' look! Sorry mate... but over here we have horrible little tw*ts in Corsa's who put their cars on wheels that are too big for car and they stick out and it looks stupid!

Like s0cks said... like a beach buggy!

Each to their own and all that, but i really hate that 'stick-out' look! Sorry mate... but over here we have horrible little tw*ts in Corsa's who put  their cars on wheels that are too big for car and they stick out and it looks stupid!

Like s0cks said... like a beach buggy!

hehe... it's good people have different tastes... otherwise all the cars would be the same...:)

I got the idea of "stick-out" wheels from a germnas site I've mentioned before:

http://yaris.enjay.info/mitgl.htm

there was a couple of cars there I really liked... :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

so I guess "sticking-out" wheels just does it for me... don't know why but I just like the way the car looks on wheels like that - gets a bit agressive or something... :)

but that's just the "looks" part... the handling of the car has improved tremendously and that's mainly why I'm NEVER going to take these will off (maybe except for MOT ;)) :D

:group-cuddles:

why do you have two different sets of wheels?

I didn't have enough money to buy four tyres... :P

that will be sorted this week...

will post more pics when all four wheels are fitted... :)

i think it looks good. will look better lowered though.

and i am in love with the black tsport in the bottom pic from the german site.

here is a translation just incase anybody is interested.

Yaris Ts year of construction 2003

21000 km

Color: Mica black Metallic

Changes:

Draft deflector at the side windows

Music: Axton front system

Emphaser 3-Wege-Boxen

30's Axton bass box

Sony Black panel CD radio

Signat ROC 1 Enstufe

Axton 408 output stage

active frequency switch of Sony

Chassis/rims: Feathers/springs of KAW VA:45 HA:30

Boron-pray BS

VA: 9x16 ET30 with 215-40-ZR16

Hectar: 9x16 ET15 with 215-40-ZR16

Dunlop sport 9000

Which is to still come:

Headlight screens, roof spoiler, Frontspoiler(wenn it finally times to one gives for the Facelift), disks sound and perhaps still nen other exhaust

pete