Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Brakes For Tsport

YKLee

Hi All,

Longterm no lurking. my work banned this site for some strange reason hence little time to lurk. just been told by toyota (after having my 4th set of new alloys due to corrosion) that my front pads and discs need changing. they want £250 for the privelege and just wondering whether anyone else has any ther suggestions for aftermarket non-toyota products? cheers in adavnce :D

yat

Hi All,

Longterm no lurking. my work banned this site for some strange reason hence little time to lurk. just been told by toyota (after having my 4th set of new alloys due to corrosion) that my front pads and discs need changing. they want £250 for the privelege and just wondering whether anyone else has any ther suggestions for aftermarket non-toyota products? cheers in adavnce  :D

yat

Does your brake pedal vibrate when braking? If not then I cannot see any reason as to why you would need the disc's changed. The pads may well need changing but to be honest I wouldn't trust a word Toyota say. Ask a friend who's a bit more in the know.

Because all discs have a minimun thickness so he's obviously close to that!!! :ffs:

If it's close to three years old, then the brakes may need changing. Now, im not accusing you here, but if they do, then you are what i call an all throttle and brake driver. i.e. you don't use your car's engine to slow you down, and you use your brakes quite a lot from higher speeds, or you leave braking late and they are used harder.

Or, yes there could be a fault with them, but brakes that are worn are not covered under warranty unless deemed to have a manufacturing fault as they are wear&tear items. £250 for discs and pads isn't that bad really, and the toyota one's do a perfectly good job of halting the car.

If they need doing... do them, brakes is an area you don't want to skimp on.

If they need doing... do them, brakes is an area you don't want to skimp on.

I agree, if they need doing get them done but just not at Toyota! :thumbsup:

Toyota quoted me something similar to £250 and my local garage done it for £160! It is highly recommended to get to know your local friendly garage, they do almost everything to my car and I have never had a problem! :thumbsup:

Aftermarket part might also be cheaper... Also there are plenty of places that deal in jap parts at much lower prices than dealers.

When I needed new new dics on my last car (Civic VTi) Honda wanted something like £110 per disc(!) but I got the same part (just wasn't branded Honda) for about £60 per disc.

thx for the replies all. i'm not one to usual scrimp and svae just thought were there any alternatives anyone else had tried and thought were good. the car is just over 3yrs old. The alloys got replaced cos they had just been one the car about 8 months.

I think i will buy genuine parts but my dad's friend is a qualified mechanic. Toyota did not say that the brakes were down to their limit just say they were corroded and needed replacing so not really sure what that means. going hol in a weeks time anyhow for 2 months so may leave till after then. hey if they are corroded then may aswell wait till i get back not point putting on new ones now to get corroded for 2 months before replacing.

chow for now

yat :D

I just put EBC Green Stuff pads onto the front of my car ..... loving them ;) it's braking harder and better than it ever has in its life!

I've got 3G grooved discs on the front with endless street pads - good combination and these along with the braided brake hoses make for serious stopping power. Dont think that they'd be cheaper than the oem ones though.

I also have upgraded to EBC green stuff pads on the back - noticeable difference too and they diffinately were cheaper than the OEM ones...