Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo Echo In Sydney, Australia

Sp33dY

The following car appeared in Hot4s Magazine and Speed Magazine about 2 years ago .... since then the owner has continued to mod slowly - he didnt know anyone else with an echo at all. He recently sent me an email to say he was interested in joining my club ... OZECHO .. .but wanted to meet some people first. Last night, he turned up to a Sydney meet and blew them away with his car. His car is the first echo in OZ with scissor doors, the first with a booster tuning front grille / scoop thing , first with the hks turbo kit,..... its a 1.3L auto, and has 110kw @ wheels at only 7psi. He's currently looking into building custom rods and pistons for more boost, and hes got someone making him a dogbox. I hate to think how much $ he has spent !!

Enjoy ...

kk1.jpg

kk2.jpg

kk4.jpg

kk6.jpg

kk5.jpg

WOW! That is one hell of a sexy beast! I love it!

Love the doors, love the styling, love the interior - LOVE IT!

Even the red plastic dash just does it for me! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Freakin' hell!

Hat that red interior though... bit OTT in my opinion! Love the idea of a turbo though! :drool:

dont like it, doors mak it over the top and waste of money, interiour is tacky and it aint even a t-sport turbo isit?

I love the doors and the turbo, but that's it i'm afraid! Any idea as to where he got kit from for the doors?

i agree i dont like the interior, or the brows.

ugly! and chromes! haha! not to mention it's a 1.3 auto?? What was he thinking?

just noticed the chrome wheels....

No thanks!

Nah I'd go for chromes too if i was in Australia, it has the right weather to suit them. However, can't see them brilliantly in the pic, so don't know what they look like exactly!

Nah I'd go for chromes too if i was in Australia, it has the right weather to suit them. However, can't see them brilliantly in the pic, so don't know what they look like exactly!

you don't just buy chromes because of the weather. they also have to suit the car!

Hi,

Hats off for the scissors doors and personalised mods. Every1 has his own taste and cheers for his efforts. :D

Any pic of the hinges of the scissors doors??

Cheers

Ismael

you don't just buy chromes because of the weather. they also have to suit the car!

Yeh that's fair enough, but from what i CAN see in the pic, they don't look too out of place, especially with the styling that has taken place, such as scissor doors

In my opinion, chromes only look good on big american SUV's or mercs. And that's when they're driven by rap stars and the cars are either black or white. Other than that, it's going to always look sh*te!

Looking at the interior.... why put the screen there?? It blocks the speedo etc doesn't it?!

Never mind, each to their own. But i don't like it!

Nice work in that engine bay. And this time i deffo see an intercooler. :lol:

I'd better not comment on the styling. :unsure:

He's currently looking into building custom rods and pistons for more boost

Hmm, is he having those made up locally? What C/R and height?

and hes got someone making him a dogbox.

Let's hope he knows what he's getting himself into. From an auto to dog engagement. :blink:

Any idea what ratio's he's choosing?

Yves.

Yvan ... no idea on any details un fortunately..!!

And for whoever asked, no pics of hinges on the doors... they were 100% custom made ..... they werent a kit from a civic and adapted to an echo.

Although it may not be to some peoples tastes, i give him full credit for driving it daily and setting himself apart from the crowd --- its one of a kind and highly original.

ugly! and chromes! haha! not to mention it's a 1.3 auto?? What was he thinking?

I have to agree with you a little there.

If you're going for performance and you turbocharge it, why an AUTO for crap's sake??? :unsure:

The car looks cool though, not my style personally, but I appreciate what he's done and he did a real nice job on it.