Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Tax

Chappers

I know someone has a link..

?

Can't search as 'it' wont let me search less than 4 letter words.. :lol:

Cheers in advance

theres a link on the reminder, next time you get it

I lost the reminder.. Hence wanting to do it Online.. :(

Online didn't work, said that there was no mot registered or summat. [Had to get an mot for the first time in Sept]

Looks like im going to the postie and filling a fw forms.. D'oh

I lost the reminder.. Hence wanting to do it Online.. :(

Online didn't work, said that there was no mot registered or summat. [Had to get an mot for the first time in Sept]

Looks like im going to the postie and filling a fw forms.. D'oh

I'm sure that it only lets vehicles which are under 3 years old get taxed online because they cant check the mot certificates yet for vehicles which are 3 years old or over, on their system they have the registration date of vehicle too so that is why.

did mine over the phone, had no MOT, they validated MOT ststus and insurance while I was on the phone. no needed to produce any docs

did mine over the phone, had no MOT, they validated MOT ststus and insurance while I was on the phone. no needed to produce any docs

Yeah dont they have a huge MOT database that they can check? Thats what I thought anyway.

Yeah dont they have a huge MOT database that they can check? Thats what I thought anyway.

Thats what I mean, I dont think they can check an MOT database yet for cars that are 3 years old or over, so that might be why they only accept tax applications for vehicles which are less than 3 years old and automatically MOT-Exempt because of that

They do accept cars that are over 3 years old as long as they have had a new style MOT test certificate, which is currently being introduced UK wide - and is linked to an MOT database. Although most MOT stations still do the old handwritten test certificates, which arent linked to the database, which is why not everyone with a car over 3 years old can do it online and they still have to go to a Post Office.

How do you check Insurance, new style MOT Test Certificates and GVT Test Certificates?

When you apply for a tax disc on our website or using our telephone service, the vehicle's insurance will be electronically checked with the Motor Insurance Database (MID), run by the Motor Insurers' Information Centre (MIIC).

The new style MOT Test Certificates/GVT Test Certificates (if applicable) will also be checked electronically via a link to the computerised MOT Test Certificate Database. Customers with a new style MOT Test Certificate/GVT Test Certificate are only eligible to use this service.

A new style MOT Test Certificate is larger than the old MOT Test Certificate and has printed rather than hand-written details. You can find more information about the MOT computerisation project and new style MOT Test Certificates by visiting the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) website at www.vosa.gov.uk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links