Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanks Toc Members.

johnboy001

Well, I took delivery of the Rav on Tuesday.

Fitted the multi-changer wednesdayafternoon... done and dusted in only 20 minutes.

Fitted the Door stay and LED Lights yesterday... 1 hour from start to finish. Such an easy job doing the door stay, as long as you fabricate the tool to prise the trim off firstly of course!

The lights were just a bit fiddly, but that's just joining the six LED's up... They really are fragile little things, so watch out when you join them, the wire will break if you are a bit rough when insulating the wires! (I had to rush back to Maplins for another LED when the last one I was fitting, snapped at the head)

I was directed to TOC by pure accident looking for Toyota mudflaps in Google, and real glad I did!

I now have a rear door that opens up all the way, and an LED light kit on that rear door... Brillint Mods!

Neither would have entered my head if it were not for this forum, and it's members, so a big thanks to you all that helped me out here.

Johnny.

Johnny,

Your a true gent. Thats what this site should be all about. Helping one another out.

Thank you.

Pete

Found LOC by accident several years ago - I switched to TOC even before I got my RAV for the very same reason - both sites have such great contacts and information sources ... :group-cuddles:

• 2 weeks later...

hi there - but i am just researching possible mods for my new rav4 - what is the rear led mod for - is it a high level brake light?

sorry if I sound a little dim, new to the forum!

It is a mod for the rear door edge - when the check strap is replaced with the US one (to give 90 degree opening) the spare wheel conceals rear light - this mod keeps it all legal ...