Do Not Sell My Personal Information

9 Gatso's

stevetubbyturbo

Was just out and about this morning given the Lux a run and noticed there are 9 new gasto's gone up on the 2 mile stretch of the A47 in Peterbrough andit looks like there are plans for more 3 more on the same peice of road.

Not that speed camera's bother me as im not one for driving at speed on the pubic highway (thats why try to do 3-4 trackdays a year) as its just not worth the points and i think the road needed some kind of deterant to stop people speeding as ive had cars and motorbikes over take me at silly speeds on that road.

But i dont see the point in 9 soon to be 12 speed camera's thats seems like a waste of taxes when 2 or 3 speed camera's and signs would have done the job.

And does anyone know how much its costs the tax payer to place 1 gasto so it could be worked out how much it cost for these camera's?

ridulous that, iv been on this road in leeds and it had cameras like 400yrds after each other for a good 4 miles or something :wacko:

probably costs something stupid to put up, but they make something stupid in the first week!

its probably worth pointing out that 7 of them are probably fake

Its just stupid - they are more government cash points than "safety cameras" - 9 in a 2 mile stretch is just stupid.....

They just see £££KACHING£££! :ffs: :ffs:

Still on a slightly positive note I'll be going down the A47 to Peterborough for JAE so at least I know there are some there! :yes:

snooper s3's on eBay for £105- first 6 months free , then £5 a month thereafter. hunt the gatso and lets inform :thumbsup:

Wow that's a crazy amount of Gatso's!!

:eek: why so many?  :huh:

This stretch of road is a really nice road and was being used as a race track by barry boys and max muppets at night so they had to do something about it.

But why they had to put up 9 gatso's is anyones guess but as Matt said there will probably be only a couple that will be operational but i still think its exessive

I recon my RoadAngel 2 would get a sore throat down that stretch "Warning, fixed safety camera ahead" :lol:

Wow that's a crazy amount of Gatso's!!

:eek: why so many?  :huh:

This stretch of road is a really nice road and was being used as a race track by barry boys and max muppets at night so they had to do something about it.

But why they had to put up 9 gatso's is anyones guess but as Matt said there will probably be only a couple that will be operational but i still think its exessive

Too right! I mean a couple of cameras is fair game - but not 9! :o :o

you need to drive down the A610 in notts, just after you come off the M1 there is a streatch covered in those nasty SPECS cameras.

can be quite funny watchin ppl speed up between camras not realising that they get your average speed between them

you need to drive down the A610 in notts, just after you come off the M1 there is a streatch covered in those nasty SPECS cameras.

can be quite funny watchin ppl speed up between camras not realising that they get your average speed between them

OOoohhh specs :eek: nasty horrible things :shutit: ...theres no fooling them :(

ive seen some one go through one at about 100 ish and acctually stop and wait before going through the second??? he should just travel at 70 instead....... but on a serious note, as the government say speed cameras are NOT for making money, even if on bank holiday monday there was 3 speed camera vans on a 2 mile strech, in busy old matlock where all the tourists go on bank holidays, and to make it worse i have good reason to believe that derbyshire only has 2 camera vans. so they must have got another one in from notts or yorkshire just for the bank holiday................. how mad is that????