Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Can You Do With A '01 Sport?...(auto)

montster

1 member has voted

1. 1. What Can You Do With A '01 Sport?...(auto)

• sell it
    • mod it

I have a 2001 Corolla sport. Unfortunatly its automatic....Anyone know the best way to get good power and acceleration out of the VVTI engine with an automatic trany?

What size rubber would i need if i put 18's on the unlowered vehicle?

The best way to get good power and acceleration out of ANY engine is forced induction. If you really want enough extra power to make a difference you can feel, get serious about turbo or supercharging your Corolla.

Don't waste your money on cold air intakes, headers, exhaust. All of those things put together would cost you $1500+ and you'd be LUCKY to get 15 more horsepower. A cold air intake alone, maybe 2-4 horsepower. Hardly enough to notice for your $300.

I wouldn't put 18's on. They are too big for that car, it won't improve your handling and it will make the wheel gap look terrible on an unlowered car. I'd suggest you go with 16's or 17's at the MOST. Seriously.

The current Corolla has a lot of improvements, so you may want to consider that if it is financially possible. There is a 170 hp XRS version and Toyota even makes a supercharger for the base model that will make it FASTER than the XRS version.

If you buy a new one, get a manual transmission this time, that's one sure way to make the car faster AND more fuel efficient. ;)